new to love HELP

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
pielago
Party member

new to love HELP

Post by pielago »

okay can someone tell me or guide me if
love can make games for ipad's i know this is droid.... so it can do droids!
BUT for ipads? iphones? will it work? and how does it work and if so how can i test it in my ipad device? from my PC (NOT USING MAC PC)
HOPE someone can help me ..because i want to start and test it in my device asap :) if possible :)
hope someone can give me steps or at least good info NOT sent to so much reading :( pages >.< to get me confuse ....
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: new to love HELP

Post by T-Bone »

Please try to be a little bit clearer when you post. It's hard to understand what you're writing.

There is no easy way to create iOS games with LÖVE at the moment. There have been some attempts, but as far as I know none of them are publicly available for you to try. LÖVE for Android is also far from finished.

If you want to make games for iOS, I'd recommend finding another game framework.
pielago
Party member

Post by pielago »

wait so i am confuse now..
so love2D is for android and computer game only???
sorry for the questions but i still don't get it!
IF i finish a game :? than where can i post it ?beside android markets?
jasonisop
Citizen

Post by jasonisop »

If you want a "easy" engine to use for both android and iOS i would look at cocos2d.
http://www.raywenderlich.com/33750/coco ... ng-started
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I'd say LÖVE is mainly for computers. You can post your apps in the Windows Store, the Mac App Store, the Ubuntu Software Center, Steam or any other market. You can also sell it directly at your own website if you create one.

The Android version is still in the works. It can be used but it doesn't support all of Löve features.
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

T-Bone wrote:I'd say LÖVE is mainly for computers. You can post your apps in the Windows Store, the Mac App Store, the Ubuntu Software Center, Steam or any other market. You can also sell it directly at your own website if you create one.

The Android version is still in the works. It can be used but it doesn't support all of Löve features.
It's also quite pointless to make any sort of game in LÖVE-Android due to the fact that love.filesystem doesn't work yet, and if you can make a game without love.filesystem I'd like to see you try :)

And also the fact that some features don't work yet. :P
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Eamonn wrote:
T-Bone wrote:I'd say LÖVE is mainly for computers. You can post your apps in the Windows Store, the Mac App Store, the Ubuntu Software Center, Steam or any other market. You can also sell it directly at your own website if you create one.

It's also quite pointless to make any sort of game in LÖVE-Android due to the fact that love.filesystem doesn't work yet, and if you can make a game without love.filesystem I'd like to see you try :)

And also the fact that some features don't work yet. :P
I guess you could make an arcade style game, where you don't need any save files, with an online server for high scores :neko: But yeah, I agree that love.filesystem is very important for basiaclly all games.
Ekamu
Party member

Post by Ekamu »

And don't forget, if you want a game on app store I think you need to pay for a developers licence (last i checked at least it was $300 for "indies" ).
also Cocos2d is no walk in the park for newbies (same with MOAI,Corona,Lib GDX e.t.c). good luck.

But you can always try out stencyl. you can test for iOS, Android and HTML5, its free and their is no programming involved.
http://www.stencyl.com/
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

unity3d now supports 2D and it supports ibad and all that stuff.