love-android: discussion

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: love-android: discussion

Post by T-Bone »

ghoulsblade wrote:since it depends on device and current orientation, the best would be to set in conf.lua the t.android_native_screen = true var, then you'll get whatever resolution is native, and can check using love.graphics.getWidth() and getHeight() if you want to use the resolution.

you'll prolly want to call
love.phone.setRequestedOrientation("portrait")
too, unless you want to allow and handle orientation changes depending on how the user is holding his device.
to handle them check love.graphics.getWidth() and getHeight() for the current resolution in regular intervals
Thanks! Great! Where's the suggested place to get such wonderful information?

Also, is Source:setPitch() coming? I'd love to use it in a future project. But no rush :)
hagish
Citizen

Post by hagish »

The code :) but at the moment you should ask here or try the love irc channel. We try to be there (posting names can cause irc client blinking ;) ). Starting a "official" documentation is far to early imho.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

hagish wrote:The code :) but at the moment you should ask here or try the love irc channel. We try to be there (posting names can cause irc client blinking ;) ). Starting a "official" documentation is far to early imho.
Yeah, I guess it'd be a lot of work since the API may change. Still, love-android can already be quite usable if you work around its weaknesses.

And another unrelated thing: Would it be hard to make the print() function make Toasts?
cezzadenz
Prole

Post by cezzadenz »

I am an android users froyo version but now I upgraded to version 234 gingerbread, but there is a problem with his compass, is there any suggestions? thank you very much forum :huh:
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

cezzadenz wrote:I am an android users froyo version but now I upgraded to version 234 gingerbread, but there is a problem with his compass, is there any suggestions? thank you very much forum :huh:
I don't really understand what you mean, but no matter what, you are posting in the wrong thread.

If you're talking about your phone generally started having issues with the compass, you can ask either in the "General" section, or preferably on some Android forums.

If you are talking about issues with the compass inside love-android, you should know that love-android is an abandoned project. The new project that has taken its place, love-native-android (or LÖVE-FAP as some of us like to call it) does not have compass support (yet?).
Softology
Prole

Post by Softology »

Seems interesting. Can I know what exactly are you guys upto?
Don't follow the path, leave a trail for others to follow.

Crane Training Courses | Payroll Outsourcing Solutions
PaulPheonix123
Prole

Post by PaulPheonix123 »

ghoulsblade wrote:hmm, if you use the mousepressed etc, the coordinates should match the ingame coordinates, e.g. pc default 800x600 screen.
but if you enabled and use the love.phone api multitouch callback, those coordinates are raw in native phone screen resolution, maybe that's the problem ?
thanks I tried adjusting the screen resolution and it worked out fine :vamp:
figgycity50
Prole

Post by figgycity50 »

For me, the love apk won't install on android 4.4. Can someone give me the latest apk just in case mine is outdated?
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

Sorry for the bump, but I was wondering if there were any conf.lua variants specified for Android. I read on another thread about it but I am not sure if it works in the 0.9.1b build.