How do I do it now?

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
Kasperelo
Party member

How do I do it now?

Post by Kasperelo »

I read the tutorial(viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8415) by T-Bone, and it instructed me to "Create project from existing source" on step 4. I created a new project, but I didn't find any button that said that? Can someone help me?
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: How do I do it now?

Post by T-Bone »

Kasperelo wrote:I read the tutorial(viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8415) by T-Bone, and it instructed me to "Create project from existing source" on step 4. I created a new project, but I didn't find any button that said that? Can someone help me?
It was a while since I wrote that. Honestly, I don't remember. Maybe some things have changed with Eclipse and/or the Android SDK? Also, the guide is pretty outdated... As is love-native-android. Are you sure you want to use it?
Kasperelo
Party member

Post by Kasperelo »

Yeah, it would be cool programming LÖVE2D games for android! But, I could always learn Java or something else...
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Kasperelo wrote:Yeah, it would be cool programming LÖVE2D games for android! But, I could always learn Java or something else...
There are plenty of game engines for Android, some even use Lua. It'd be great if LÖVE worked well on Android someday but today is not that day.
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Now that LOVE uses SDL2 it's a little easier (read: watch as someone proves me wrong), so it may happen in the future.
Until then, if you really want lua + android (even iOS for whatever reason you'd want to support that), then try this on for size!
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor