love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
TurtleP
Party member

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.0)

Post by TurtleP »

Oh, okay. I just thought that it was weird since in other mobile app games the keyboard input doesn't translate the game graphics upward.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

It shouldn't translate the game window if you give setTextInput x/y/w/h arguments that would be completely visible on-screen even with the keyboard visible as well.
megalukes
Citizen

Post by megalukes »

Hi there. I'm kind of lost here. With this can I make normal games for android with ads and all that stuff they usually have? I'll start playing around with this when all the files from android SDK finish downloading (it's taking eons :P)
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

megalukes wrote:Hi there. I'm kind of lost here. With this can I make normal games for android with ads and all that stuff they usually have? I'll start playing around with this when all the files from android SDK finish downloading (it's taking eons :P)
no ads is not really possible to add in a good way, the best way is to set a fixed price for the game.
megalukes
Citizen

Post by megalukes »

jjmafiae wrote:
megalukes wrote:Hi there. I'm kind of lost here. With this can I make normal games for android with ads and all that stuff they usually have? I'll start playing around with this when all the files from android SDK finish downloading (it's taking eons :P)
no ads is not really possible to add in a good way, the best way is to set a fixed price for the game.
Ah, I understand. So, everything I need to do is create a .love and pack it as a .apk as shown in here and voilá, I can play my game on my phone. Is this it?
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

megalukes wrote:
jjmafiae wrote:
Ah, I understand. So, everything I need to do is create a .love and pack it as a .apk as shown in here and voilá, I can play my game on my phone. Is this it?
yes but you can also run it from the Löve APK (on the first page) through a folder you create yourself called "lovegame"

.love file can also be used
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Just released a new version that includes the changes from LÖVE 0.9.2 and fixes an annoying battery drain when the app is in the background. Also loading of games was improved.

As always you can download it from here: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... /downloads

Here is the changelog:

0.9.2 (2015-04-10):
- updated API to match that of LÖVE 0.9.2
- love.window.setFullscreen can be used to switch between regular and immersive mode without status and navbar
- added loading of games by opening a main.lua file
- quitting LÖVE now conforms to the Android application lifecycle
- stop vibrator when app is paused
- fixed battery drain by properly pausing OpenAL device
- fixed printing of non-number and non-string values
- fixed compilation of Android NDK r10
- fixed compilation warnings concerning APP_PLATFORM
- old instance is shut down when opening a new game (note: it may crash when opening games at a high frequency, e.g. more than 2 per second)
- updated OpenAL-Soft to version 1.16.0
- updated to newer SDL version (f9244b2a151)
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
josefnpat
Inner party member

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

Post by josefnpat »

Awesome job fysx! I'm so happy that you're still working on this! If you need any documentation or testing help, please ask!
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
Frohman
Prole

Post by Frohman »

Just wondering if it's possible to lock device orientation/rotation, or otherwise force an orientation?

Edit:
Hadn't occurred to me that you'd likely do this in the packaging step, so for basic testing with .love's and main.lua's, should I rebuild the apk myself with the orientation specified?
I~=Spam
Party member

Post by I~=Spam »

Frohman wrote:Edit:
Hadn't occurred to me that you'd likely do this in the packaging step, so for basic testing with .love's and main.lua's, should I rebuild the apk myself with the orientation specified?
Yeah I think that is how you have to do it... Seems silly to have to rebuild the entire apk for just that but I think that is the only way unless something hackish can be done instead... :\
My Tox ID: 0F1FB9170B94694A90FBCF6C4DDBDB9F58A9E4CDD0B4267E50BF9CDD62A0F947E376C5482610