Guide: Building love-native-android

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by T-Bone »

kalle2990 wrote: Without someone having to call you up? :shock: Gotta try Skype for Linux again soon then.
I think they called me up... Isn't that how it's supposed to work? I mean, in order to join on-going conference calls, the Skype interface would have to somehow show that the conference call is going on and who is in it... It seems like a strange design choice to allow this, it would mean that two friends can't make a call to eachother without everybody else knowing. It makes much more sense to do it by invite. Does other versions of Skype really allow joining conferennce calls? :roll:
Dallox
Prole

Post by Dallox »

I compiled it on Lubuntu and it just exported as a APK and it started but when i select No-Game or select a .love it only shows a black screen.
Is it just my phone? (Samsung Galaxy Mini with Stock 2.3.5 Rooted)
Last edited by Dallox on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I don't think it's a good idea to distribute .apk files of love-native-android just yet, because of the current licensing issues. It might actually be illegal to distribute a compiled package of it all without the source code and/or some sort of legal statement or whatever.
Dallox
Prole

Post by Dallox »

T-Bone wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to distribute .apk files of love-native-android just yet, because of the current licensing issues. It might actually be illegal to distribute a compiled package of it all without the source code and/or some sort of legal statement or whatever.
I understand. I deleted the file.
Moe
Party member

Post by Moe »

T-Bone wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to distribute .apk files of love-native-android just yet, because of the current licensing issues. It might actually be illegal to distribute a compiled package of it all without the source code and/or some sort of legal statement or whatever.
Actually we fulfil all requirements for a release, the apk is a simple zip container. All libraries are compiled into single files, so the licenses do not interfear. The source code is available at github including every license text. The only thing you can argue about is that the launcher does not offer an option to show the license texts or link to the source code. Having said this I would say that it is totally safe to release an apk here in the forum as we did before or if you write a few lines about where to find it and that there are licenses that must be respected. You should be careful with an Android Market/Play release since you can hardly place all legal notes there...

Because of the black screen: Do you have any logcat outpt that might help? Unfertunately, I do not have a complete Android device library at home...
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Moe wrote:
Actually we fulfil all requirements for a release, the apk is a simple zip container. All libraries are compiled into single files, so the licenses do not interfear. The source code is available at github including every license text. The only thing you can argue about is that the launcher does not offer an option to show the license texts or link to the source code. Having said this I would say that it is totally safe to release an apk here in the forum as we did before or if you write a few lines about where to find it and that there are licenses that must be respected. You should be careful with an Android Market/Play release since you can hardly place all legal notes there...

Because of the black screen: Do you have any logcat outpt that might help? Unfertunately, I do not have a complete Android device library at home...
But then why don't you have an official distribution of the latest .apk files in some thread? That's much easier than having everybody compiling on their own, especially since it doesn't always work well. I would be able to get an up-to-date logcat of the HTC One S bug if you had an official .apk available, now I have to wait a few days until I have access to a computer capable of compiling it.
Moe
Party member

Post by Moe »

T-Bone wrote:But then why don't you have an official distribution of the latest .apk files in some thread? That's much easier than having everybody compiling on their own, especially since it doesn't always work well. I would be able to get an up-to-date logcat of the HTC One S bug if you had an official .apk available, now I have to wait a few days until I have access to a computer capable of compiling it.
Somewhere we added a link, but this is totally outdated. After our last "lövedroid hacking day", we decided to publish a new release and I am waiting that hagish will upload it as he promised, the current version is still too unstable to do a market release. I will upload it on Sunday/Monday if he doesn't before, my dev machine is out of reach before...
Dallox
Prole

Post by Dallox »

Just a reminder :3 Its wednesday :3
Moe
Party member

Post by Moe »

I said Sunday/Monday only, but not which one. So since I missed the last ones, I have to wait until the next... :crazy: Just kidding, I updated the old version. Just forgot where I posted the link, so just click here. :awesome: As usual: respect the licenses (see source code at github to read them), it is a technical snapshot so do not expect a stable version or anything. If you find stupid debug output in your console you can keep it if you are not reporting a bug. Enough talk, enjoy. Ah, one last point: ARM only, I am too lazy to create a MIPS, x86 and ARM package.

@Any admin reading this: Allow the extension .apk for uploads! :cry:
Dallox
Prole

Post by Dallox »

Thanks alot!
i've tested it and you can really see its an pre-alpha product (Screen size doesnt match. much .love package just dont work wich did in the non love-android-native (love-android))
Thanks alot thoguh +1 :D