Mark old threads?

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
T-Bone
Inner party member

Mark old threads?

Post by T-Bone »

I see people posting on threads about the old, dead project love-android every once in a while, and I doubt everybody understands the difference between the two projects and what threads belong to what project. Is it a good idea to mark all threads related to love-android (the java version) as old/expired/something?
Moe
Party member

Re: Mark old threads?

Post by Moe »

Yes, I think that would be useful. With some posts I am not sure if they are spam so far - general answer and it is the user's first post.
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

hehe, add sensor support in native before you call the java one "obsolete" =P (i just updated the old apk with a bugfix for thread-crash btw)
but yeah, go ahead and mark the threads referring to the old java one. maybe "old/java" or so.

btw, hagish should update the first post in the "project information" thread,
it still links to my .apk file as if that was the main download for the current version.
I'd appreciate if you'd leave the link in that post as long as the native version has no apk release and does not support sensors+multitouch, but it should be marked clearly to avoid people thinking that it is the current release.
Is there already a downloadable .apk for the native version or does everyone who wants to try it have to compile it himself ?
release early & often ;)
love-android - gamejams
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

There is an apk in some thread, but I don't remember where :P
Moe
Party member

Post by Moe »

T-Bone wrote:There is an apk in some thread, but I don't remember where :P
That's on purpose so that people read the documentation aka relevant threads. :P
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

ghoulsblade wrote:hehe, add sensor support in native before you call the java one "obsolete" =P (i just updated the old apk with a bugfix for thread-crash btw)
but yeah, go ahead and mark the threads referring to the old java one. maybe "old/java" or so.

btw, hagish should update the first post in the "project information" thread,
it still links to my .apk file as if that was the main download for the current version.
I'd appreciate if you'd leave the link in that post as long as the native version has no apk release and does not support sensors+multitouch, but it should be marked clearly to avoid people thinking that it is the current release.
Is there already a downloadable .apk for the native version or does everyone who wants to try it have to compile it himself ?
release early & often ;)
I just want to say that I by no means meant to disrespect your work. Love-android was totally awesome (I remember calling it the greatest thing that had ever happened since sliced bread or something :neko:) back in the day. But it is sort of obsolete now :P Was there even sound support?

But yeah, the native version does need to catch up on a few areas. Sensors don't matter much (honestly, there has been enough Doodle Jump games already) but mutlitouch is a must-have feature.
hagish
Citizen

Post by hagish »

I adjusted the project info posting and mentioned both projects and their repositories.
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

to avoid confusion please name the non-native as "love-java-android"
and add two infos :
* old and not actively being developed anymore
* love.phone api for multitouch and sensors
love-android - gamejams