LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by T-Bone »

After working great for a long time, LÖVELINESS stopped working completely today. It just stops loading the .love-file after a short moment, and hangs. I can tell that it hangs because if I try to click on the extension button (the green smiley face in the top right corner), nothing happens. The only way to try again is to inactivate and then reactivate the plug-in. I'm running LÖVELINESS 0.2.1 on Chrome 28.0.1500.95 m on Windows 8.
binji
Prole

Post by binji »

T-Bone wrote:After working great for a long time, LÖVELINESS stopped working completely today...
Sorry, I disappeared for a bit there... too much real work to do. :D

I did spend a bit of getting LÖVELINESS to work as a PNaCl plugin (which means it will work in Chrome on the open web, no Chrome Web Store required) but I haven't pushed that up anywhere yet. Needs a bit more polish. :)

This is all beside the point, though. I'll see if I can repro your failure...
[[LÖVE Chrome Extension]]
LÖVELINESS
Examples page
Github project page
Rhinoceros
Prole

Post by Rhinoceros »

Is there any way to change the background colour? Because if that's possible to implement, even if it's just a swap between all black/all white, it would help on games that have a black background. Which looks fine in a window, but when it's put onto another black background it can get a little hard telling where the game stops and the negative space begins. Another option is adding a border around the game (completely unsure how difficult that would be to implement).
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I'm using LÖVELINESS on Google Chrome (not chromium) without any issue right now (except for framerate, sometimes), I'd just like a border around the game window (as Thinoceros says) and a button/link to download a running .love
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
binji
Prole

Post by binji »

I've just released v0.2.2 to the Chrome Web Store. It adds the ability to change the background color. :)
LÖVELINESS
Examples page
Github project page
farvardin
Party member

Post by farvardin »

hello,

I'm trying Löveliness for the first time today, and the icon remains disabled. If I click it proposed to change background, to load or test, but it doesn't do anything again. I can only click on "about" which leads to the homepage. Is it related to your recent update, or the fact I'm using chromium on Linux (x86)?

[edit] it seems native client is not enabled in chromium. I'll investigate this later.
Last edited by farvardin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I've just found a little bug, if you hold down the left mouse button you can move the mouse outside the game while in LÖVE it's clamped to the window's dimensions
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
FireZenk
Prole

Post by FireZenk »

Wooow! really awesome job man! :awesome:
farvardin
Party member

Post by farvardin »

so it works with google chrome, but not with chromium on linux mint (and probably not on other ubuntu / debian derivatives). I had enabled "native client" in chromium, and the icons display in green, but it wasn't working better. No problem with Chrome.
binji
Prole

Post by binji »

farvardin wrote:so it works with google chrome, but not with chromium on linux mint
Yes, this is a known issue https://github.com/binji/love-nacl/issues/17. Linux Mint doesn't include the Native Client plugin with Chromium for some reason. It's also strange that the "test" button didn't work. That should have launched a new window that would tell you pretty quickly that Native Client was not enabled.
Nixola wrote:I've just found a little bug...
Ah, good catch! I've added a test, and fixed it. The fix will be in the next version of LÖVELINESS.
Nixola wrote:...without any issue right now (except for framerate, sometimes)...
Do you have any examples of framerate drop? (a little test would be excellent!) I'm definitely interested in improving performance where I can.
LÖVELINESS
Examples page
Github project page