LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
User avatar
MadByte
Party member
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by MadByte » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 am

qaisjp wrote:Whenever I try out a .love file, I get http://i.imgur.com/k9sgCtn.png followed by a black screen.
Tested with the first example. Chromebook.
You might got the wrong chrome version, try to enable chrome native client .
chrome://flags/ -> Native Client -> activate

or reinstall chrome.
jjmafiae wrote:ghoulsblade already did this, but i will still have look at it :3
Ghoulsblade's version is very different from this version because ghoulsblade's version is based
on webGL + javascript while lövliness runs native in chrome ( much faster ! ).
ALso the löve web player isn't as functional as löveliness.

jjmafiae
Party member
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 am

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by jjmafiae » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:56 am

MadByte wrote:
qaisjp wrote:Whenever I try out a .love file, I get http://i.imgur.com/k9sgCtn.png followed by a black screen.
Tested with the first example. Chromebook.
You might got the wrong chrome version, try to enable chrome native client .
chrome://flags/ -> Native Client -> activate

or reinstall chrome.
jjmafiae wrote:ghoulsblade already did this, but i will still have look at it :3
Ghoulsblade's version is very different from this version because ghoulsblade's version is based
on webGL + javascript while lövliness runs native in chrome ( much faster ! ).
ALso the löve web player isn't as functional as löveliness.
ahh i see ;3
My Itch.io Games (Not up to date)
My Website

User avatar
raidho36
Party member
Posts: 1685
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by raidho36 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:46 am

Well, that's really cool thing. Takes distributing löve2d games to the next level.

User avatar
binji
Prole
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 am
Contact:

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by binji » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:04 pm

MadByte wrote:
qaisjp wrote:Whenever I try out a .love file, I get http://i.imgur.com/k9sgCtn.png followed by a black screen.
Tested with the first example. Chromebook.
You might got the wrong chrome version, try to enable chrome native client .
chrome://flags/ -> Native Client -> activate

or reinstall chrome.
Yes, this is a bug with Chrome 27 (it is fixed in Chrome 28+). You can fix it by enabling Native Client manually (as above), or you can right-click on love files and choose "Open with LÖVELINESS".

I should mention that if you are using the ARM chromebook, it is still not working correctly. Too busy with work stuff to fix it properly, sorry. :-(
MadByte wrote:
jjmafiae wrote:ghoulsblade already did this, but i will still have look at it :3
Ghoulsblade's version is very different from this version because ghoulsblade's version is based
on webGL + javascript while lövliness runs native in chrome ( much faster ! ).
ALso the löve web player isn't as functional as löveliness.
LÖVELINESS is a port of the Love 0.8 code to Native Client. Ghoulsblade's version is a reimplementation in html5/JS of the Love interfaces. LÖVELINESS should behave exactly the same as Love 0.8 -- the missing functionality at this point is mostly Desktop GLSL and luasocket.
[[LÖVE Chrome Extension]]
LÖVELINESS
Examples page
Github project page

User avatar
qaisjp
Party member
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by qaisjp » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:54 pm

luasocket functions could be.. http://socket.io/ ?
Lua is not an acronym.

User avatar
miko
Party member
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: PL

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by miko » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 am

binji wrote: I should mention that if you are using the ARM chromebook, it is still not working correctly. Too busy with work stuff to fix it properly, sorry. :-(
Does it mean that some future day my ARM-based phone or tablet (not chromebook) could play love files with chrome? That would be great!
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples

User avatar
T-Bone
Inner party member
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by T-Bone » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm

miko wrote:
binji wrote: I should mention that if you are using the ARM chromebook, it is still not working correctly. Too busy with work stuff to fix it properly, sorry. :-(
Does it mean that some future day my ARM-based phone or tablet (not chromebook) could play love files with chrome? That would be great!
Mobile versions of Chrome currently don't support extensions. This could absolutely change, but untill then it's not possible.

NaCl works on ARM. And since love-native-android works, I guess all dependencies work on ARM as well, so it should be possible in theory.

futaris
Prole
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by futaris » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm running the dev version on my Chromebook ARM:

Version 29.0.1547.23 dev
Platform 4319.32.0 (Official Build) dev-channel daisy
Firmware Google_Snow.2695.117.0

Of the examples, the following work:
lovalanche
metaballs
no.love
particles
passingclouds
sinescroller
in your face city trains

And the following doesn't:
mari0_1.6

pauljessup
Party member
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:06 am

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by pauljessup » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 pm

Games made with Lovely Tiles don't work

pauljessup
Party member
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:06 am

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by pauljessup » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Here's the error I get:
tmxloader.lua: 9 module mime not found

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests