[WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
User avatar
AnRu
Citizen
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:33 pm
Contact:

[WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by AnRu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Sources of latest instable LovePSP (Love2d 0.8.0 in mind) - click
Note that this sources is 2-years old and I could exactly say what state is it :c

Image

Hi, my name is Andrew Rublyov, and this is my project for translation Love2d code to Phoenix Game Engine PSP code.
I’m create this project for simple port love2d games into PSP. Many of functions and methods not supported in PSP version, because PSP hardware is slower than PC.

All information about installation and using you can find on the BitBucket page :)

Old video:

Last edited by AnRu on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 17 times in total.

User avatar
T-Bone
Inner party member
Posts: 1492
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by T-Bone » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Cool! With love.filesystem support, your project is already ahead of love-native-android in some ways. Is it based on 0.8.0?

User avatar
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Contact:

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by Roland_Yonaba » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi,

Personnally, I won't use it, because the PSP homebrew scene is "quite" dead, to me. But I do remember, back in the days, when I was developing some (silly) games... Good memories.
Though, for curiosity, I'd be happy to see what you came up with. Can you specify for what PSP Lua engine you are writing this wrapper ? Cause there are many: PGE, LPHM, etc... And also, do you have some code to show, as of now ?

Keep it up.

bekey
Party member
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:27 pm

[]

Post by bekey » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:54 pm

-snip-
Last edited by bekey on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AnRu
Citizen
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by AnRu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:12 pm

T-Bone wrote:Cool! With love.filesystem support, your project is already ahead of love-native-android in some ways. Is it based on 0.8.0?
Thansk) yes, 0.8.0

User avatar
AnRu
Citizen
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by AnRu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Roland_Yonaba wrote:Hi,

Personnally, I won't use it, because the PSP homebrew scene is "quite" dead, to me. But I do remember, back in the days, when I was developing some (silly) games... Good memories.
Though, for curiosity, I'd be happy to see what you came up with. Can you specify for what PSP Lua engine you are writing this wrapper ? Cause there are many: PGE, LPHM, etc... And also, do you have some code to show, as of now ?

Keep it up.
At the first, i wanted use LuaPlayer. But he has not support rotation and resizing images, and work with .ZIP.

User avatar
Sodium
Prole
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by Sodium » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Nice project! Sadly, I don't have my PSP anymore to try it. Those Lua interpreters work on Vita?
You should try LuaDev by Deviante, I heard it was faster and even has 3D support.
Good Luck!
Roland_Yonaba wrote:... But I do remember, back in the days, when I was developing some (silly) games... Good memories.
I used to play some of your games, and with their sources!
Didn't know it was you.
I love potatoes.

User avatar
AnRu
Citizen
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by AnRu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Sodium wrote:Nice project! Sadly, I don't have my PSP anymore to try it. Those Lua interpreters work on Vita?
You should try LuaDev by Deviante, I heard it was faster and even has 3D support.
Good Luck!
Roland_Yonaba wrote:... But I do remember, back in the days, when I was developing some (silly) games... Good memories.
I used to play some of your games, and with their sources!
Didn't know it was you.
If you use eCFW TN-C for PS Vita, you can play any homebrew on PSVita.

User avatar
jjmafiae
Party member
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by jjmafiae » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Comrades this is a milestone in love history! is it capable of commercial projects?
Last edited by jjmafiae on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Itch.io Games (Not up to date)
My Website

User avatar
AnRu
Citizen
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:33 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP] LovePSP - LOVE support for PSP system!

Post by AnRu » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm

jjmafiae wrote:Comrades this is a milestone in love history!
Thanks) First release will been to New Year! :awesome:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests