[DEPRECATED] Experimental iOS port (LÖVE 0.9.2)

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
bzSteve
Prole

Re: Experimental iOS port (LÖVE 0.9.2)

Post by bzSteve »

I don't have a solution yet either. It seems pretty straightforward. I would expect everyone to have the same problem. Hopefully, someone will post a solution soon. I'm anxious to try this out.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Sorry for the delay. Xcode 7 is more strict about how code is built for the iOS simulator compared to Xcode 6, and it was causing the prebuilt luajit library to be rejected when trying to link with it in the simulator.

I've updated the libraries zip (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/421 ... raries.zip) with a fixed version. Hopefully it works!
undef
Party member

Post by undef »

Thanks, I'll try it out later and let you know!

Edit: I'm able to build now without errors, thanks again!
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
bzSteve
Prole

Post by bzSteve »

Worked perfectly for me. Thanks, Slime. This is wicked cool!
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

undef wrote:Edit: I'm able to build now without errors, thanks again!
I wasn't awake when you asked about blurriness on IRC – in order to use the full resolution on iOS you need to have high-dpi mode enabled in the window.
spill
Prole

Post by spill »

I'm happy to announce that I have also gotten a game into the iOS app store using this port! It's called Unshuffle and it's a relaxing puzzle game with lots of neat shader effects. Thanks so much for the iOS port, slime! For posterity, I'd like to mention as many of the modifications I made to iOS port's xcode project as I can remember. If anyone wants to know more about one of these, just let me know:
  • 1. I changed the touch API to use screen pixel coordinates instead of relative [0-1] coordinates.
    2. I changed the touch API to pass dx,dy to touchmoved() to mimic the behavior of the mousemoved() API.
    3. I added a hook so that I could call into Apple's API to set the audio session to AVAudioSessionCategoryAmbient, so that the player could continue listening to their music of choice without the game stopping it.
    4. As other people have pointed out in this thread, it was necessary to disable bitcode.
    5. I added my own launch image and launch storyboard.
    6. I replaced all of the löve pig icons with my own icons.
    7. Important! I initially got rejected from the app store because I had left the "Application Supports iTunes File Sharing" checkbox set to "Yes" when it needs to be "No" if you're submitting to the app store with a bundled .love file.
    Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 2.37.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 2.37.33 PM.png (56.58 KiB) Viewed 10937 times
Here's the thread I created for the game.
unshuffle3.gif
unshuffle3.gif (4.81 MiB) Viewed 10937 times
zikesha93
Prole

Post by zikesha93 »

Really cool project. Congratulations for the fantastic port.Trippy shaders.
kicks
Prole

Post by kicks »

Hi folks - great work with this!

How does code signing work with this? I can get this to come up in the simulator, but not on an iPad.

However I change the codesigning settings, it tells me I can't sign the 'love.love' bundle. Either I'm not on the team (a specific team number associated with the 'love.love' bundle) or I don't have permission to use that bundle ID. What's the straightforward way to test LOVE on a device?

I have XCode 7. I have a developer account - but not a paid membership. So far I've just been using XCode 7's sideloading to test my OpenFL apps. (Which uses ios-deploy.)
drikdrok
Prole

Post by drikdrok »

So i have tried this out, but i get a couple of errors. I am a complete newb with Xcode and OSX, the answer might be very simple.But does anyone know how to fix this?
Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 17.00.58.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 17.00.58.png (136.82 KiB) Viewed 10671 times
I am using Xcode V 7.2 And OSX 10.11 :)
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Ah, you'll probably need to make LÖVE link with the GameController framework. You can do that by clicking the "+" at the bottom of the "Linked Frameworks and Libraries" section here, and adding GameController.framework:

However, note that this version of LÖVE for iOS is deprecated, you should use the official version of 0.10.0 for iOS instead (which has this fixed I believe).