Punchdrunk - Another Love-to-Web tool.

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
Tanner
Party member

Punchdrunk - Another Love-to-Web tool.

Post by Tanner »

http://tannerrogalsky.com/punchdrunk/

... because this community needs another, separate approach to running Love in the browser.

This project aims to get Love games running in the browser with minimal effort and knowledge of web development. It is very immature but it supports a half-decent subset of Love's API, runs well and, above all, is easy to use (I think).

At this point, Punchdrunk is probably only suitable for small code doodles and the like. The main intent behind this release is to get feedback from the community about the way that the project is set up and where the documentation is lacking. Also, perhaps, to get some additional eyes on it as it progresses.

The Github page is here: https://github.com/TannerRogalsky/punchdrunk
OttoRobba
Party member

Re: Punchdrunk - Another Love-to-Web tool.

Post by OttoRobba »

+1 for this. Been keeping track of your effort and I gotta say, I'm impressed! :D
Great job so far mate.
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Clicked, checked.
Awesome, me say.
Starred on github. Keep it up!
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

This is amazing. I'm a bit curious how it works though. You need a server to work to port the game to javascript, but once that's done do you get a standalone javascript/html document that's portable, or do you need everything to run from a server that you have total control of?
SuperZazu
Citizen

Post by SuperZazu »

Amazing! Seems to works fine. Can't wait to see the development of this project. :awesome:
Tanner
Party member

Post by Tanner »

T-Bone wrote:This is amazing. I'm a bit curious how it works though. You need a server to work to port the game to javascript, but once that's done do you get a standalone javascript/html document that's portable, or do you need everything to run from a server that you have total control of?
Yeah, once you've run `grunt compile` and everything has been turned into JSON and JavaScript it will run as a static website so you do not need to write any server code; just put it somewhere that it can make GET requests. All of my examples are running on GitHub pages which just uses the gh-pages branch as the source for the page and serves up the static content.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Tanner wrote:
T-Bone wrote:This is amazing. I'm a bit curious how it works though. You need a server to work to port the game to javascript, but once that's done do you get a standalone javascript/html document that's portable, or do you need everything to run from a server that you have total control of?
Yeah, once you've run `grunt compile` and everything has been turned into JSON and JavaScript it will run as a static website so you do not need to write any server code; just put it somewhere that it can make GET requests. All of my examples are running on GitHub pages which just uses the gh-pages branch as the source for the page and serves up the static content.
That's really cool! That makes this the closest we've come to get LÖVE running on WinRT and WP, since they support HTML/Javascript as native apps (and have WebGL support as of versions 8.1)!
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

T-Bone wrote:That's really cool! That makes this the closest we've come to get LÖVE running on WinRT and WP, since they support HTML/Javascript as native apps (and have WebGL support as of versions 8.1)!
The OpenGL ES branch of LÖVE used for the Android and iOS ports should (in theory) work on WinRT as well via ANGLE, if the latest version of SDL is used.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Hey,

If someone has problems to compile and punchdrunk under windows (7), i wrote an short installation how to.

https://github.com/TannerRogalsky/punch ... t-44404907

It runs very smooth and it' a lot easier to run loves than love-webplayer :) !

cheers