LöveFTW - preview release

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: LöveFTW - preview release

Post by T-Bone »

slime wrote:
T-Bone wrote:There are some gotchas. Most notably, LöveFTW doesn't play .mp3 or .wav files, only .ogg.
Is there a technical reason why Wuff (the WAVE decoder) doesn't work, or do you have plans to make it work in the future?
Sorry, that was actually me messing up! I meant to say that .mod and .mp3 support was cut! Wuff is in there, although I haven't tested it yet.
Sulunia
Party member

Post by Sulunia »

How hard/far is mp3 support from now? I know i shouldn't ask this, i just wanted to know if support for this filetype is planned in the future.
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I see no reason you shouldn't ask! The lib Löve uses to play mp3s is a bit messy to compile if you're targetting something it doesn't natively support. So I don't think I can figure that one out. Maybe if I can figure out a way to use WinRT's native ability to play mp3s somehow, but right now I have no idea how I'd do that. So we'll see.

I understand that a lot of people use mp3 music in their games, although I have no idea why.
Tanner
Party member

Post by Tanner »

If you're using CMake, you should be able to get libmpg123 to compile for pretty much any platform. Here's a link to the relevant commit that I made to add emscripten support for that lib in megasource: https://bitbucket.org/TannerRogalsky/me ... 1aa11fba55
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Tanner wrote:If you're using CMake, you should be able to get libmpg123 to compile for pretty much any platform. Here's a link to the relevant commit that I made to add emscripten support for that lib in megasource: https://bitbucket.org/TannerRogalsky/me ... 1aa11fba55
I'm not using cmake! That's a big part of the problem. And compiling C++ for WinRT is pretty tricky, there are tons of restrictions that you need to work around. I've done that for some libraries, but libmpg123 seems particularly tricky.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

How is this project going ?
I have a few friends that use windows phones and I wanted to put my game on microsoft store, is this safe for production ?
What branch of love is this using ?
Does this support windows 10 phones ?
(Extra question: Can I develope to xbox/xbone with this port ?)

I'm sorry for all the questions but I'd really love to see my game on as many mobile platforms as possible.
Thanks for reading :)
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Development has unfortunately more or less stopped as I'm busy with other projects at the moment. I wouldn't exactly call is "safe for production", it's still a bit rough around the edges. Lots of things that aren't tested properly. It's based on Löve 0.10.1, and it SHOULD support Windows 10 Mobile, but I haven't been able to test it since Microsoft decided not to update my (ancient) Lumia 920.

As for the X-Bone, Microsoft haven't been very clear how things work. All we know is that you still need an Indie Game Developer account to make games for it. If those games can be UWP apps, I don't really know. (non-game UWP apps is open to everyone to develop, as far as I know).
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

That's good enough for me.
I'll start developing once I get my hands on a windows phone.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

Hello T-Bone,

Thank you for your awesome work.
I had some problems compiling the uwp project due to some references being unavailable on github. (pages not found).
So I downloaded the windows 8.1 solution.
I tried it on my pc and it works with a custom game (just some cubes appearing on the screen).
While it doesn't work on my device. (It boots successfully but I only see a black screen). (not even the no game screen).
VS 2015 community, Lumia 640XL with Windows 10 mobile on board. (Windows 8.1 apps should be compatible with it).
Release mode (not debug)
Is it a known issue?
I set the build content to yes, and put the game.love in the shared library.

Otherwise is the uwp version working fine?
Do you also have those missing references?

My code:

Code: Select all

function love.load()
end

function love.update(dt)
end

function love.draw()
    love.graphics.print("Ciao sono LOVE", 0, 0)
end

xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

I got sdl2 which was missing from their official github: https://github.com/emscripten-ports/SDL2,
And I solved the other dependencies by downloading the other projects and importing them in visual studio.
The app is working fine on my smartphone.
I get the no game screen :D
Awesome work again.
Thank you!!!