LöveFTW - preview release

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
xNick1
Party member

Re: LöveFTW - preview release

Post by xNick1 »

I can't get past the nogame screen :/
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (348.98 KiB) Viewed 29672 times
Looking forward to develop on my W10M Lumia
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

LöveFTW isn't really in a working state, and I don't have time to develop it anymore. If anybody wants to take the project over, that'd be great, but otherwise it's dead :P
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

T-Bone wrote:LöveFTW isn't really in a working state, and I don't have time to develop it anymore. If anybody wants to take the project over, that'd be great, but otherwise it's dead :P
Does it build on your end?
It's important for me to have it working on my windows phone.
Could you eventually upload your solution to some place where it's downloadable? =)
Even the 8.1 one, they both don't work xD
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I think it does build, but it's not very usable. I don't think there's a single Löve game that will actually run properly on it. If it's important to you to have it working, then you or somebody else must finish the project.

Me uploading my solution isn't going to fix anything, that would mean me downloading the repo, building it with Visual Studio, and then upload the files. It's not going to be any different to you doing the same.
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

T-Bone wrote:I think it does build, but it's not very usable. I don't think there's a single Löve game that will actually run properly on it. If it's important to you to have it working, then you or somebody else must finish the project.

Me uploading my solution isn't going to fix anything, that would mean me downloading the repo, building it with Visual Studio, and then upload the files. It's not going to be any different to you doing the same.
Got it, thank you very much for trying to port Love to this platform =)
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

T-Bone wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 pm I think it does build, but it's not very usable. I don't think there's a single Löve game that will actually run properly on it. If it's important to you to have it working, then you or somebody else must finish the project.

Would you eventually give me some info about how to finish your port?
I saw that SDL already compiles on Windows UWP, same the the audio libs.
Your solution entirely compiles and I've installed the project on my smartphone getting the "no game" screen.
I just can't load the game.
Are there any guides or something which I can read to get a better grasp on Love and how to port it?
Sir_Silver
Party member

Post by Sir_Silver »

I actually - and unfortunately - have a windows phone. I don't know if I would be able to take up arms and work on LoveFTW, but I sure would love to see it working so that I could do some mobile development. =)
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

Sir_Silver wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 pm I actually - and unfortunately - have a windows phone. I don't know if I would be able to take up arms and work on LoveFTW, but I sure would love to see it working so that I could do some mobile development. =)
Same here. Lumia 640xl here.
I'm happy with it so far.
I wouldn't change it if only it would run Love games.
We will be forced to switch at some point as Lumias are dying xD
If I was good at graphics and C++ I would have helped :/
Not that one can't learn stuff, but I wouldn't know where to start

My homscreen :D
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (43.44 KiB) Viewed 29342 times
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

T-Bone wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 pm I think it does build, but it's not very usable. I don't think there's a single Löve game that will actually run properly on it. If it's important to you to have it working, then you or somebody else must finish the project.

Did you have any changes to the sdl project? I downloaded it from their official repo because your sdl repo page is down.
desman
Prole

Post by desman »

Have you guys tried to deploy love game using Love.js/HTML5 & WebView (Visual Studio 2017, Win10 UWP app) ?

I already tried this when using Kiwi.js sample games (Visual Studio 2013, as Win8 app) a year ago and put the files on "Assets" directory, and load the index.html file with WebView.
It works like a charm, except you have to add additional code to change the window/webview size.

Perhaps this will work too with Love.js HTML5 games.