Yarns: LÖVE Stories

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Candall
Prole

Re: Yarns: LÖVE Stories

Post by Candall »

I just uploaded a quick preview of the animation editor in action. Forgive the lack of annotations; I'll try to get around to them eventually. In the meantime, most of what's going on should be fairly self-explanatory to anyone who's used a keyframe editor before.

Animation Editor
middlerun
Citizen

Post by middlerun »

That looks really cool! I sometimes do stuff like that in Flash and it can be a real pain.

FYI, tricep doesn't mean forearm, the tricep muscle is at the back of the upper arm, behind the bicep.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Hmm, I wonder... Does this really count as machinima? I mean, it's a video-maker through and through... Can it get the title "machinima" if there's no actual gameplay in that "game"?

Not to try to spoil your fun. This reminds me of TISFAT... The keyframes have animation interpolation ("tweening"), right?
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Candall
Prole

Post by Candall »

middlerun wrote:FYI, tricep doesn't mean forearm, the tricep muscle is at the back of the upper arm, behind the bicep.
I always do that. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it by the first release.
Taehl wrote:Hmm, I wonder... Does this really count as machinima? I mean, it's a video-maker through and through... Can it get the title "machinima" if there's no actual gameplay in that "game"?
Technically speaking, the fact that it's 2D excludes it from the traditional definition. By calling it "2D Machinima," however, I remove it from that particular restriction.

From there, my call would be that Yarns is as much a "machinima editor" as LÖVE is a "game engine" which, I realize, is not technically the case.

However, everything about the execution of the "movies" is video-game specific from the use of pixel sprites to the tile engine used for backgrounds, so I'd say that I have at least a decent case.

If not, oh well! It still serves the same purpose regardless of the label.