Isometric 2,5D game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ghuntar
Prole

Re: Isometric 2,5D game

Post by Ghuntar »

What type of game ?

Syndicate ! (Can I say it's a RTS ? RTT (Real Time Tactic) would fit better (only four agents) but the genre does not exist...)
Crazy Little Thing Called LÖVE.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

I like this. I immediately thought about this old game:

Also, the terrain modification features made me think of populous and Sim City 2000.

On a more modern look, have a look at Isoball.

Or, you could try making IsoPortal.

I have a comment about the graphics. I noticed that you have all the possible "tiles" pre-generated. If you are going to use lots different terrains, it might make sense to generate them directly from inside LÖVE using 2 or 3 textures (floor + walls) instead of having them pre-generated. You would be able to generate new terrains really fast.
When I write def I mean function.
paritybit
Citizen

Post by paritybit »

This is really awesome. I don't care what you do with it, I'll be watching anyway. I like the little touches like the shadow when you jump off a cliff. I have to say I was expecting to splat, and was almost disappointed when I didn't. :oops:

For me, it brought back images of Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate (which I sadly never finished).

but, I suggest you start with a small concept, finish it and move on from there.
felix24
Party member

Post by felix24 »

hey man, this is really cool. personally i think a Bastion style action rpg would be coolest, but that's just me ^^ and the rotation is cool, but i suppose it depends on what type of game you are making whether to include it or not.
keep up the good work!
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

Thanks everybody for feedback. It is very pleasent to read that you like the demo.

I will probably start with a simple game, so that I am sure I can finish it in a reasonable time (often heard about over ambitious projects that never finished). When there is progress, I will tell you.
Darky
Citizen

Post by Darky »

I've got something strange for your first example :

(the second one works perfectly)
is that normal ?
http://darky-ben.fr/Xut my webcomic (french)
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

Hi,

no, that is not normal. I suppose, something with the canvases does not work. In future releases, I will not use canvases, so hopefully this problem is solved then.
Jeb
Prole

Post by Jeb »

I've been wanting to make a game using LOVE and Lua but wasn't sure if something like this was possible. Good to see your doing something similar like I wanted. It renews my desire to jump back into the water. Look forward to trying a non-canvas version since I am in the same boat of not having support.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I have to say the rotation demo totally works. Make something cool with it!
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

Dear Community,

I am proud to announce *tatatata* the canvas free version of my code. The updated file is attached in the original post.