PlatformGuy! V0.4

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Re: PlatformGuy!

Post by WolfNinja2 »

tommyroyall wrote:Hello. Could I use this as a blank format for future games? I will give credit and a link to your LÖVE account :).
As in, you start with my game, and then kind of add more to it? If you don't know how all this stuff works and how I got it to THIS point, I can teach you! It' better to learn then to just start out with all of the code already set up and then adding onto it :p

Are you a beginner or just lazy? xD
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Garb wrote:wow! those ground tiles are amazing! whoever made them must be dreamy and awesome.
I feel like you may have made them....I did kind of take them from a sockmunkee project so yeaaaa :D

Btw shoutout to SockMunkee development and MunkeeBacon check out THEIR project here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11522

GO CHECK IT OUT YO!

-Wolf
Puzzlem00n
Party member

Post by Puzzlem00n »

WolfNinja2 wrote:
tommyroyall wrote:Hello. Could I use this as a blank format for future games? I will give credit and a link to your LÖVE account :).
As in, you start with my game, and then kind of add more to it? If you don't know how all this stuff works and how I got it to THIS point, I can teach you! It' better to learn then to just start out with all of the code already set up and then adding onto it :p

Wow. That was fast. I've already been overrun as teacher!
I LÖVE, therefore I am.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Puzzlem00n wrote:
WolfNinja2 wrote:

Wow. That was fast. I've already been overrun as teacher!
Well, I could teach him up to where I am... but then I'm at a loss :D

-Wolf
WolfNinja2
Party member

Update Out By Saturday Night!

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Change Log :

Collision Fixed!
Level Two!
Lava Texture Updated!
Level Ending Doors!
Jump Updated Based On micha's Suggestion!

Thing that didn't happen :
Menu, But I'll Get On It Next Update.
Skin Changing (No one submitted a skin :p)

Thanks To All!

Please Give Feedback!!!

-Wolf
WolfNinja2
Party member

UPDATED :D

Post by WolfNinja2 »

I even got it in by the deadline :)
Have fun and don't forget to give me feedback! :}

-Wolf
Puzzlem00n
Party member

Re: PlatformGuy! V0.2

Post by Puzzlem00n »

Well, the game seems okay on the outside other than the very few glitches I've found, but inside the code is a complete mess. This "micha jump" feature has broken everything down... You've really got to save it until the rest of the game is working, because I don't think it's really helping you make progress.
I LÖVE, therefore I am.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

Puzzlem00n wrote:Well, the game seems okay on the outside other than the very few glitches I've found, but inside the code is a complete mess. This "micha jump" feature has broken everything down... You've really got to save it until the rest of the game is working, because I don't think it's really helping you make progress.
It's messy sure, but it's getting the job done well :/
This is my first LÖVE2D game, right now I want to understand fundementals and all that jazz, not focus on pretty coding :/
But, then again this all couldn't have been possible without you puzzle so I guess I should stop arguing with the teacher before I get a detention :D

EDIT: I also feel I've made a lot of progress from when this was a green box on black squares :|

-Wolf
Qcode
Party member

Post by Qcode »

Though you may not want to make the code pretty now, it'll help a ton later. It seems like you want to expand this game a lot, but it'll get more and more confusing to handle the more sloppy code you write. All you have to do is take 15 minutes and re-indent everything, and trust me, you'll feel a lot better when you do.
WolfNinja2
Party member

Post by WolfNinja2 »

You're right, I do want to expand a LOT, but I don't think he's talking about indentation really. I think he means how my coding works. BUT, if he's talking about the indentation I can do that no problem! In fact, I'm going to do it either way now that you mention it xD

-Wolf