Concerned Joe

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
OmarShehata
Party member

Re: Concerned Joe

Post by OmarShehata »

rxi wrote: My library lurker provides this functionality and can be used the exact same way on shaders as is demonstrated in that video.
That is pretty cool!

I have wanted to have this ever since I sawBret Victor's demonstration, and I only did it when I saw it was possible with Monocle

Although Monocle was restarting the whole game when you changed something. And mine updates files but doesn't preserve upvalues and such the way Lurker does.
TheScriptan
Citizen

Post by TheScriptan »

This game shows that programmers can be gods of their game! Love it!
20047m
Prole

Post by 20047m »

OmarShehata wrote:
rxi wrote: Although Monocle was restarting the whole game when you changed something. And mine updates files but doesn't preserve upvalues and such the way Lurker does.
Are you talking about my debugging library, Monocle?
https://github.com/kjarvi/monocle

If so, and there is anything you would like changed, please feel free to file an issue on the github page! :awesome:
OmarShehata
Party member

Post by OmarShehata »

20047m wrote: If so, and there is anything you would like changed, please feel free to file an issue on the github page! :awesome:
Left you an issue!

I also wanted to share an update. We've been showcasing Party Mode and people are really loving it!

Here's a wrap-up post about Otaku, an anime festival http://concernedjoe.com/devblog/misc-mo ... ndie-game/

And right now we have a booth set up in Comic Con in Bucharest.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedJoe/status ... 2519827456

And finally, if you want to get your hands on an Early Access pass of Concerned Joe, we just added a hundred, here's what we have so far in Party Mode

http://concernedjoe.com/devblog/party-p ... available/
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

Will there be online / LAN multiplayer in the future ?
OmarShehata
Party member

Post by OmarShehata »

MadByte wrote:Will there be online / LAN multiplayer in the future ?
I forgot to mention, it's all local multiplayer for now.

Online multiplayer is totally a possibility, but probably not soon. (Unless I can find someone to help with that because I have zero experience there and wouldn't want to push it out unless we know it works well)
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Oh could I help with the online multi-player. It's pretty easy. Well if you have clean code anyways.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

So is Concerned Joe proper dead? All I see anymore is Move or Die. I launched the pre-release beta of CJ to see if an update came out and nothing at all has been put out. There's no explanation on the blog it links to. All I know is they only bother with Move or Die now. Nothing about the full game with the story. And the beta doesn't even have a story mode yet.

What gives? I paid for this and it got like one update before being abandoned. :brows:

That said, I don't care if it's Concerned Joe or Move or Die, the stuff you guys have done with Löve is pretty darn cool. But I'm just a little disappointed that the game I actually wanted to play is dead. Supposedly. The blog also says MoD is a thing of its own but says nothing of the fate of CJ.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

IIRC they said once they're happy with MoD they'll continue with Concerned Joe.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
K5G
Prole

Post by K5G »

If that's true, they must really not be happy with Move or Die.