Concerned Joe

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Concerned Joe

Post by Ranguna259 »

I think if you do that the player would go throught the 45º floor, post back if it works
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
OmarShehata
Party member

Post by OmarShehata »

Just thought I'd bump this thread with the latest blog post we made about in-game-editor camera manipulation and multiplayer

http://thoseawesomeguys.com/joedevblog/ ... f-cameras/

I actually just finished writing a template code file to let you program your own multiplayer game modes.

This is what the "MultiplayerModes" directory looks like: Image

So all you have to do to create a new game mode is create a new code file and it will automatically show up in the game's list of modes and run when you select it.

This is roughly what the base template looks like:

These are all like handlers that run in various parts of the engine. So the init function gives you the array of Joe's that are now on screen, the others are self-explanatory.

The JoeJoeCollision function is a handler for when two Joe's collide. So with just a few lines of code you can make it so a Joe explodes when another Joe's feet touch him (and you can do that easily because Joe has a sensor on his feet), and there you go, a mode where the players have to try and stomp on each other.

We're getting really close to playtesting the new version, so I'm excited to see what people could come up with the in-game editor or even if you guys would be interested in scripting your own modes.

Feedback please!
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Will you release it on itch.io?

also is dat windows vista? i loved that thing back in the day (1.5 month(s) ago)
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Must be the first time I ever hear someone put "love" and "vista" in the same sentence. O_O
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

what? it was pretty good but also very buggy.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

jjmafiae wrote:what? it was pretty good but also very buggy.
It was also resource heavy and "Pretty good but very buggy" sounds accurate if you by "pretty good" mean "pretty good at being terrible" ^^.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

the visuals and graphics was Amazing best windows design evar!
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

Can you guys continue this argument via PM's?

When is that alpha coming out? Been waiting to play this since you created this thread.
OmarShehata
Party member

Post by OmarShehata »

veethree wrote:Can you guys continue this argument via PM's?

When is that alpha coming out? Been waiting to play this since you created this thread.
You won't be waiting too much longer! It's all coming together very nicely.

Important note though, the coming alpha will mainly just be the editor and the local multiplayer. We've been focusing on the engine rather than content but now it's very easy to recreate all the levels we've had before in the GDC demo and just about make whatever.

We just finished bomb mode, Image. It's a multiplayer mode where one player starts with the bomb, and it starts to ticking down. You have to try sticking the bomb to other players by touching them and avoiding the player with the bomb. It turned out pretty fun!

EDIT: A video showing Bomb Mode:

qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Why wasn't it in the devblog :( This makes my mondays very very interesting..
Lua is not an acronym.