Zombie Apocalypse! D:

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
thelinx
The Strongest

Re: Zombie Apocalypse! D:

Post by thelinx »

I took the liberty of adding music, hiding the default cursor, and making the health bar fade from green to red.

You should still add:
- Some kind of ground texture
- Make the player move a bit faster (imo)
- At the same time the danger music starts playing, do something like in CoD4 when you're health is low, you know, with red fading and stuff.

The music raises the file size above 512 KiB, so download here: http://errur.com/f/Download.php?id=239
Dr. Magnusson
Prole

Post by Dr. Magnusson »

Although I can't see why it should be a problem, as you never claimed that it was all your work, and stated that it was only an edit, but it's still a pretty good idea to ask the original author before you go ahead and upload modifications and release them. I'm sure it won't be a problem though.
SamPerson12345
Prole

Post by SamPerson12345 »

Dr. Magnusson wrote:Although I can't see why it should be a problem, as you never claimed that it was all your work, and stated that it was only an edit, but it's still a pretty good idea to ask the original author before you go ahead and upload modifications and release them. I'm sure it won't be a problem though.
This isn't a modification of anything. All of the work is mine except for the bullet collision, which was given to me in a help thread I made. Wrong thread?
aqeeliz
Prole

Post by aqeeliz »

SamPerson12345 wrote:
Dr. Magnusson wrote:Although I can't see why it should be a problem, as you never claimed that it was all your work, and stated that it was only an edit, but it's still a pretty good idea to ask the original author before you go ahead and upload modifications and release them. I'm sure it won't be a problem though.
This isn't a modification of anything. All of the work is mine except for the bullet collision, which was given to me in a help thread I made. Wrong thread?
SamPerson12345, I am pretty sure Dr. Magnusson was talking to TheLinx
SamPerson12345
Prole

Post by SamPerson12345 »

aqeeliz wrote:
SamPerson12345 wrote:
SamPerson12345, I am pretty sure Dr. Magnusson was talking to TheLinx
oh durr, I wasn't paying attention.
Dr. Magnusson
Prole

Post by Dr. Magnusson »

Sorry for being vague SamPerson, my message was indeed directed at TheLinx. I'm the owner of Errur.com, the website he uploaded it to. I just wanted to know if you were okay with it, or if I should take it down.
SamPerson12345
Prole

Post by SamPerson12345 »

Dr. Magnusson wrote:Sorry for being vague SamPerson, my message was indeed directed at TheLinx. I'm the owner of Errur.com, the website he uploaded it to. I just wanted to know if you were okay with it, or if I should take it down.
It's okay, you can keep it up.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I was playing around with it, and noticed the difficulty variable. After looking some more I found it increases once the timer has got exactly 30 seconds.

Code: Select all

if diffup == 30 then
However, as this (almost) never happens, this doesn't do anything, I think you meant:

if diffup < 30 then
SamPerson12345
Prole

Post by SamPerson12345 »

bartbes wrote:I was playing around with it, and noticed the difficulty variable. After looking some more I found it increases once the timer has got exactly 30 seconds.

if diffup == 30 then
However, as this (almost) never happens, this doesn't do anything, I think you meant:

if diffup < 30 then
Oh wow, Thanks! I was wondering why that wasn't working properly. I've really got to proof read my code more thoroughly.