"Terus" project (tech demo 2)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: "Terus" project (tech demo)

Post by Taehl »

Try the demo. Since the video, I modified the polar transform to incorporate perspective.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
the_leg
Prole

Post by the_leg »

Gotta be Gyruss. Nice work.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

Keep in mind, fellow posters, that this is an in-process game. We are looking for as much feedback and as many ideas as we can get our hands on to make this a truly interesting project. No idea, comment, or criticism is too small. The more we have, the more we have to work upon.
Taehl

Post by Taehl »

the_leg wrote:Gotta be Gyruss. Nice work.
That's right! You get a cookie.

And as Ensayia said, we'd love to hear any suggestions anyone may have.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
the_leg
Prole

Post by the_leg »

The ship's aura (exhaust flash) disappears when you get killed. There's a slowdown on my machine when the ship collides with an alien and you get that larger than normal explosion. The 'Exit Game' menu takes me to the options screen. I'd like a 640x480 resolution. The fire rate seemed a little slow to me. I think the original had burst type fire if I remember correctly.

Now off to eat my cookie, thanks. ^^
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

The flare dissappearing is an oversight we can fix easily. We know our current method for collisions and particles (the explosions) is slow, and we intend to optimize at some point.

More resolution options will be added. Is there a specific need for a 640x480 res, or is it a matter of preference?
Taehl

Post by Taehl »

So... Does anyone else have any comments? We should keep making this game, right?
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Yes.
the_leg
Prole

Post by the_leg »

640x480 was a just a preference. I'd say keep making this. You've really got a lot done and it looks great so far.
Angrycrow
Prole

Post by Angrycrow »

I have a song that I think goes well with this if you're interested.

http://soundcloud.com/nixangrycrow/carereallyon

let me know if you want to do some custom stuff. I have a small group of game musicians ready to strike!
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
- Dr. Seuss