My first project, advice and tips welcome!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ninwa
Party member

Re: My first project, advice and tips welcome!

Post by ninwa »

Thursdaybloom wrote:Good work ninwa.

You posted the update right before I was about to sleep :P so I'll play it more tomorrow.

Am I suppsed to be able to hold down space for INFINITE LAZ0RZ though?
For now yeah, but in the future different projectiles types will have different firing rates. I've been kind of adding a piece here and there all night in-between slacking off and reading reddit and trying other demos here on the forums, but it's something I will finish in the next couple of days. :) When I get home from school and work tonight I'm going to set up a "it's finished when it has these things" list so I don't keep adding little things forever. I appreciate you checking it out!
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Nice. Very impressive for a first project in LÖVE. :)

The explosion clouds stay on screen a bit long, though. And I exploded once but could go on afterwards, is that expected behaviour?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

Robin wrote:Nice. Very impressive for a first project in LÖVE. :)

The explosion clouds stay on screen a bit long, though. And I exploded once but could go on afterwards, is that expected behaviour?
Thank you and thank you for trying it out :) I'm actually experimenting with fading the clouds out slowly by changing their alpha channel but this has proved to be a little more difficult (for me) than I anticipated. As for you still being able to play after you die, that's just me not having implemented any sort of game states yet. So it's expected but will change. :)
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

Shameless bump, pretty big update since last activity on the thread. Added a boss, instead of rockets he's going to fire a huge death beam. Shield is going to be controlled by whether or not the two "shield bearer" mobs are dead (they will spawn and act like the cat fliers). Let me know your thoughts :)
Motig
Prole

Post by Motig »

I like where you are going with the boss, the reflective shield was a cool surprise! Haven't seen that before I think...

(p.s. Hello everybody :crazy:)