In The Dark

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
The Burrito
Party member

Re: In The Dark

Post by The Burrito »

nevon wrote:You better be cool and let us have Windows, Linux and OSX versions without having to purchase it several times, though!
Obviously! Only lame people make you buy their stuff like 5 times. In fact you'll probably get the android version when it comes out too (originally I had no real plans for a mobile version because touchscreens are awful for platformers, but so many people requested it I guess I have to do it)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

It would be awesome if you have a payment method that doesn't need credit cards, because I don't have one. Kickstarter won't let me support you either.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
The Burrito
Party member

Post by The Burrito »

Robin wrote:It would be awesome if you have a payment method that doesn't need credit cards
I'm open to suggestions, what other methods are there of transferring money online that don't at some stage involve a credit / debit card?
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

Robin wrote:It would be awesome if you have a payment method that doesn't need credit cards, because I don't have one. Kickstarter won't let me support you either.
How do you survive without a credit or debit card? O_o
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

The Burrito wrote:I'm open to suggestions, what other methods are there of transferring money online that don't at some stage involve a credit / debit card?
I suppose iDEAL, but that is very Dutch, so it wouldn't be worth the effort for you.
nevon wrote:How do you survive without a credit or debit card? O_o
Well, I've got a PIN debit card from my bank, but that's not something I can use for Kickstarter. Seems like PayPal does support it, but I'm not sure.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Paypal supports iDEAL now, I believe.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Oh, that's neat.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I wonder if Steam would be able to support bundled Löve games. Or is it a bit more complex than that?
The Burrito
Party member

Post by The Burrito »

Jasoco wrote:I wonder if Steam would be able to support bundled Löve games. Or is it a bit more complex than that?
Sure it would, although if I get on steam I'm going to want to link the steam api stuff so that it can be accessed from lua (for achievements and server management if I ever need multiplayer). The overlay thing works just fine now, I launch ITD through steam all the time.

Steam is a beautiful thing for developers: http://steampowered.com/steamworks/index.php

Actually, if I can get a steamworks account, I'm pretty sure I can put regular löve on steam for you guys. it won't show up in the store or anything, but it would allow windows and mac users to get automatic updates and would make mulitplayer games a lot more practical since there would be a master server of sorts.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

Robin wrote:
nevon wrote:How do you survive without a credit or debit card? O_o
Well, I've got a PIN debit card from my bank, but that's not something I can use for Kickstarter. Seems like PayPal does support it, but I'm not sure.
Go to your bank and tell them you need a VISA card. Makes life so much easier. I haven't used cash in years.