Zombie Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ishkabible
Party member

Re: Zombie Game

Post by ishkabible »

ok i made zombies slower and easier to kill so that you can get to where there are larger amounts of zombies. i was wondering what you thought about how the game progressed. right now the number of zombies is equal to f(x)=2^(x/4) where x starts out at 6. that is something i would like to improve as it doesn't seem quite perfect.
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

I got to a wave of about 150 before dying. I enjoyed it, even though it's very simple right now. I look forward to seeing more guns and different sorts of zombies added. Experimenting with map layouts would be fun, too.
arquivista
No longer with us

Post by arquivista »

ninwa wrote:I look forward to seeing more guns and different sorts of zombies added. Experimenting with map layouts would be fun, too.
Limited bullet ammo/reload time could be fun. On-screen sight gun could a bonus only. Shootguns and other guns could be a drop or be hidden in some boxes or places in scenary.
I'd like to start with a clean floor and see then a carpet got dirty!
Some few obstacles could be nice.
--------------------------------------------------------
To Do: Insert Signature Here
--------------------------------------------------------
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Oh man, the amount of zombies in a wave! This is great!
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

im definitely going to add these guys that shoot fire balls and look like big red goats (not sure how i came up with these it just happened :) ). if i add obstetrical then i think I'm going to need to add some type of larger map that moves with you so that you have more room to move. thanks for all the feed back and praise :) (ok me calling it praise might mean that this is going to my head a little :) )
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I can't play because zombies move at the speed of light.
ninwa
Party member

Post by ninwa »

ishkabible wrote:im definitely going to add these guys that shoot fire balls and look like big red goats (not sure how i came up with these it just happened :) ). if i add obstetrical then i think I'm going to need to add some type of larger map that moves with you so that you have more room to move. thanks for all the feed back and praise :) (ok me calling it praise might mean that this is going to my head a little :) )
Sounds like one of the enemies out of Doom.
Motig
Prole

Post by Motig »

ninwa wrote:
ishkabible wrote:im definitely going to add these guys that shoot fire balls and look like big red goats (not sure how i came up with these it just happened :) ). if i add obstetrical then i think I'm going to need to add some type of larger map that moves with you so that you have more room to move. thanks for all the feed back and praise :) (ok me calling it praise might mean that this is going to my head a little :) )
Sounds like one of the enemies out of Doom.

Baron of Hell
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

ya that was kinda the idea, the difference being these guys have white hair and lighter horns. i have the fireballs shooting and everything but for some reason the first enemy in the buffer doesn't shoot right so i have get that bug worked out then ill show :).
TechnoCat wrote:I can't play because zombies move at the speed of light.
really? i slowed them down? mabey check to see if it's waiting for the v sync in the config file? any one else having this issue?
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

ok i deleted the older version and uploaded the newest version. i added a new enemy type, i call it MiniBoss but that could be changed to baron of hell :) they shoot fire balls at you and are harder to kill than zombies. the number of current fireballs is next to the total number of enemies(to the left). i am really loving working with the particle system, very efficient and adds an extremely nice look to the game. any way as always looking for feed back :)