Kurosuke (working title)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: Kurosuke (working title)

Post by TechnoCat »

Oh my that is a big spider!
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

TechnoCat wrote:Oh my that is a big spider!
It just wants to be friends. :)

My first attempt at a boss monster, actually. It's the only enemy you can't kill by jumping on it, though that will soon change as I rewrite bits of the baddie code.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
ZenX2
Citizen

Post by ZenX2 »

He may be big, but he's easy to kill.

Does the editor do anything?
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

ZenX2 wrote:Does the editor do anything?
Use the keypad to create and manipulate terrain. It is buggy though, so watch out. Oh, and you can effectively fly in edit mode.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Not to double post, but the main download link has been updated: I've fixed a few bugs, made further use of dt, and added a couple of editor features (still no map saving though, sorry).

Any specific feature requests or bugs that I need to address? I'm still working out a good way to make water work (since box2d can't do it, as far as I know), and I am pretty sure that I have some very serious bounding box issues I need to look into.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Hm, triple post. Stay classy, self.

Anyhow, just want to announce that I have made a buncha updates to Kurosuke, the most visible being the addition of editor level saving and loading. You can now map to your heart's content, given that you don't mind the lingering collision bugs (yeah, I'm stumped on those). Lots of other additions and fixes, mostly to the menus, and a whole truckload of optimizations: the .love file actually went down in size, despite new features being added.
Kody
Prole

Post by Kody »

I like the gameplay and the graphics are very nice. I'd buy the finished product :)
My Steam page
Currently working on: Nothing
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Kody wrote:I like the gameplay and the graphics are very nice. I'd buy the finished product :)
Thanks, glad to hear it. Anything in particular that you would like to see added?

In other news, another minor game update, with some ambient life things added in this time, a few bugfixes on stuff that was optimized last time around, and over a hundred lines of code removed thanks to some simple new optimizations. I'm having a hard time telling how much these optimizations are speeding things up, but they're certainly keeping filesize down.
Kody
Prole

Post by Kody »

tentus wrote:
Kody wrote:I like the gameplay and the graphics are very nice. I'd buy the finished product :)
Thanks, glad to hear it. Anything in particular that you would like to see added?

In other news, another minor game update, with some ambient life things added in this time, a few bugfixes on stuff that was optimized last time around, and over a hundred lines of code removed thanks to some simple new optimizations. I'm having a hard time telling how much these optimizations are speeding things up, but they're certainly keeping filesize down.
Honestly I can't think of anything other than the obvious/what's already planned. My only suggestion is to add either a very unique story or some features to make it stand out from other games. I'm obviously far from an expert, but this game might be unfairly labeled as "another generic platformer" without something to give it that extra twist to make people have to play it. Like Braid's use of time manipulation and its intriguing story.
Glad to see you got it optimized. I hope you see success with this project. :)
My Steam page
Currently working on: Nothing
ghostwriter
Prole

Post by ghostwriter »

I see this on windows 7, whatever level i pick:
error.png
error.png (67.13 KiB) Viewed 5647 times