Quest of Danyerium I(Alpha 0.01)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Davidobot
Party member

Quest of Danyerium I(Alpha 0.01)

Post by Davidobot »

Hello and welcome to another project topic by me. This one is about my new game: QUEST OF DANYERIUM I: THE PRECIOUS GEMSTONE!
This game will be a RPG. It isn't finished and suggestions and feedback will be appreciated.

Story:
It is the story of an astronomer who lives in a village powered by a precious gem. The gem also provides a force field against the evil of the surrounding world.
One day the astronomer woke up to the sound of screaming after the gem has disappeared. He must find the gem to save the people in his village or let them die.
The whole town had a vote on who would go to save the gem. Everyone voted for the astronomer as he/she has the only understanding of the outside world.

Controls:
Move - Arrow Keys
Attack - Z
Open Inventory - Hold TAB
Move in Inventory - W (Move Up) S (Move Down)
Select in Inventory - Enter
Swap in Inventory (While something is selected) - Enter

Update:
v0.11 - Finished player graphics.
Messed around with shifting rooms
Attachments
Quest of Danyerium I - The Precious Gemstone.love
Alpha 0.11
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
Quest of Danyerium I - The Precious Gemstone.love
Alpha 0.1
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
Last edited by Davidobot on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Lafolie
Inner party member

Re: Quest of Danyerium I(Alpha 0.01)

Post by Lafolie »

Looks like you're off to a good start. I'd lose the Link sprites and have them all like the down-facing one, I loved it! The 2-frame animation gives it an almost South Park style, it made me chuckle.

One thing I noticed was that when you leave the house you can see the map flicker for a frame. I assume this is because you 'change' the map and it defaults some co-ordinate (top-left?) then snaps to the player position. You could do this before the first subsequent draw to prevent that from happening.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Lafolie wrote:Looks like you're off to a good start. I'd lose the Link sprites and have them all like the down-facing one, I loved it! The 2-frame animation gives it an almost South Park style, it made me chuckle.

One thing I noticed was that when you leave the house you can see the map flicker for a frame. I assume this is because you 'change' the map and it defaults some co-ordinate (top-left?) then snaps to the player position. You could do this before the first subsequent draw to prevent that from happening.
Thanks for the comment about the sprite. I'll replace them all, I was just beginning to draw them. I am trying to fix the problem with the camera.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Anymore suggestions?
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Ok, Updated the game. Any feedback on the player graphics?
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Nobody is interested? :o:
pakoskyfrog
Citizen

Post by pakoskyfrog »

Don't worry and keep working. Any active project will surely have feedback ^^
As for myself i wait the game to be a little more constructed to do a complete feed back, because right now i don't have much to say since the game itself isn't much !
But i love the background story and astronomy, so go on and surprise me :D