7 Day Roguelike Challenge Challenge

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: 7 Day Roguelike Challenge Challenge

Post by TechnoCat »

I can't get jumping over holes to work. How am I supposed to do that?
furi
Citizen

Post by furi »

TechnoCat wrote:I can't get jumping over holes to work. How am I supposed to do that?
Hold down the jump button (lshift is default) and press the direction. You can't jump diagonally. It's used to get over O (holes) but can't go over # (walls). It moves you 2 spaces, not counting your current space. The second has to be a . (ground) and the first can be . or O.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

furi wrote:
TechnoCat wrote:I can't get jumping over holes to work. How am I supposed to do that?
Hold down the jump button (lshift is default) and press the direction. You can't jump diagonally. It's used to get over O (holes) but can't go over # (walls). It moves you 2 spaces, not counting your current space. The second has to be a . (ground) and the first can be . or O.
Yeah, I can't get that to work.
furi
Citizen

Post by furi »

TechnoCat wrote:
furi wrote:
Yeah, I can't get that to work.
That is weird. Try changing lshift to something else, or press numlock and try again.

Also,
This will remain unbeated for a loooong time. I thought I only did, like, 30 tops, but sweet Jesus...