Klondike Solitaire

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Klondike Solitaire

Post by Robin »

Ortzinator wrote:
Also, moving cards from the "finished" stack back into the play area can be a bit tricky. Occasionally you need to resort, so it's something you should probably code an exception for.
Can you elaborate? It seems to work fine for me.
The problem is if you click on a card on the foundation stack. As a flat stack, you would think only the uppermost would be selected, as with the deck in the upper left corner. But it's not. You get the same thing as with the seven "normal" stacks, which is rather annoying.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Ortzinator
Prole

Re: Klondike Solitaire

Post by Ortzinator »

Robin wrote:
Ortzinator wrote:
Also, moving cards from the "finished" stack back into the play area can be a bit tricky. Occasionally you need to resort, so it's something you should probably code an exception for.
Can you elaborate? It seems to work fine for me.
The problem is if you click on a card on the foundation stack. As a flat stack, you would think only the uppermost would be selected, as with the deck in the upper left corner. But it's not. You get the same thing as with the seven "normal" stacks, which is rather annoying.
Ah I see now. It was just the outline that was broken. It's fixed now.

I'm considering turning my cards code into a library. Think anyone would be interested in that?

Also, I'm not very happy with the way selection turned out. I kind of hacked it together. I would have to rewrite it to implement drag and drop. Any suggestions?