Lovely Mario Brothers Is Back

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
tentus
Inner party member

Re: Lovely Mario Brothers Is Back

Post by tentus »

Deecodeuh wrote:
tentus wrote:Most of the code is quite different now, but don't forget that Kurosuke is a distant descendant of Lovely Mario Brothers. Feel free to use any of my code, the underlying ideas are still pretty similar. Also Kurosuke works on 0.8.* just fine as far as I can tell.
Looking at your source, I like a lot of your changes, and I'm already in progress of integrating several. I'm especially liking the saver.lua file, I think that just saved me some typing. ;)

Man.. going back in time 1.5 years when I was still just a young programmer, I see that some of my code was very verbose. And in some areas, I could have had more knowledge about what I was doing.
Oof, saver.lua. There's almost assuredly a much, much better way to do it, but I couldn't think of a good one when I wrote that file six months or so ago.

I can't tell you how excited I am that you're back, I am intensely interested in seeing which directions you choose to go, what methods you end up writing.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Deecodeuh
Citizen

Re: Lovely Mario Brothers Is Back

Post by Deecodeuh »

tentus wrote:
Deecodeuh wrote:
tentus wrote:Most of the code is quite different now, but don't forget that Kurosuke is a distant descendant of Lovely Mario Brothers. Feel free to use any of my code, the underlying ideas are still pretty similar. Also Kurosuke works on 0.8.* just fine as far as I can tell.
Looking at your source, I like a lot of your changes, and I'm already in progress of integrating several. I'm especially liking the saver.lua file, I think that just saved me some typing. ;)

Man.. going back in time 1.5 years when I was still just a young programmer, I see that some of my code was very verbose. And in some areas, I could have had more knowledge about what I was doing.
Oof, saver.lua. There's almost assuredly a much, much better way to do it, but I couldn't think of a good one when I wrote that file six months or so ago.

I can't tell you how excited I am that you're back, I am intensely interested in seeing which directions you choose to go, what methods you end up writing.
It feels great to be welcomed back. :) I look forward to contributing some nice ideas that you might want to incorporate as well.