AlienInvaders - my first game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Larsii30
Party member

Re: AlienInvaders - my first game

Post by Larsii30 »

They should move every "0.6" Second fist and after a short time they will begin to move faster.
If there were problems, then because of the different computer speeds maybe. I realized the movement with timer, so maybe thats the problem?

Thanks for your corrections! There are some unused things because I tested many ways out before I got this on
and I didn't cleaned it all up sometimes :)

Atm, I'm very unfamiliar with OOP. There I have to read some articles and tutorials I think :D
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Larsii30 wrote:They should move every "0.6" Second fist and after a short time they will begin to move faster.
If there were problems, then because of the different computer speeds maybe. I realized the movement with timer, so maybe thats the problem?

Thanks for your corrections! There are some unused things because I tested many ways out before I got this on
and I didn't cleaned it all up sometimes :)

Atm, I'm very unfamiliar with OOP. There I have to read some articles and tutorials I think :D
Look into how to use dt, it will help you get around different framerates. By using dt in love.update, you can make your game logic consistent regardless of computer speed.

Edit: the examples in the wiki for love.update were lacking (by which I mean nonexistent). I added a couple, hopefully they will clear things up for you and other Lovers.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Larsii30
Party member

Post by Larsii30 »

tentus wrote: Look into how to use dt, it will help you get around different framerates. By using dt in love.update, you can make your game logic consistent regardless of computer speed.

Edit: the examples in the wiki for love.update were lacking (by which I mean nonexistent). I added a couple, hopefully they will clear things up for you and other Lovers.
awesome. :)

Edit: I tested it with dt and now the aliens move constant. Thank you :)