Sound Stealth Update

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Jimanzium
Party member

Sound Stealth Update

Post by Jimanzium »

Original concept: http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32933

The circle around your player is the sound you are making, walking will make you quieter, running will make you louder. If this circle goes over an enemy they will hear you, if they hear you they will chase after you until you are far enough away. If the sound an enemy is making goes over your character you can hear them, and thus know where they are. In each level you have to get all the gold pieces (yellow blocks) and make it to the exit (blue square/where you start)

The number in the top right is the number of gold pieces left. The '!'s show how close you are to a guard out of 3. The closer you are the more '!'s. The bar below the '!'s is your health, ugly put placeholder. With you (at the moment) you have three tools. 1. A pencil, select by pressing '1'. Use this to take notes on the map such as guard positions, walls or arrows so you don't get lost in the darkness. 2. Microphones, select by pressing '2'. Use these to track the position of guards without having to be close up to them. Useful for watching when doors are safe to pass. And finally, 3. Stun darts, select by pressing '3', use these to knock out guards that are chasing you or are to difficult to sneak pass.

Levels are loaded from images meaning they are easy to make, and will allow for custom maps.

Screenshots:
HOW DO I ADD THESE THINGS?

Controls:
WASD - movement
Q - Hold to show drawing zoomed out
Space - Sprint
Shift - Sneak
R - restart once caught
Attachments
SSProto2.1.love
(38.12 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Last edited by Jimanzium on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davidobot
Party member

Re: Sound Stealth Update

Post by Davidobot »

Very interesting game, can't wait to see more.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
seanmd
Prole

Post by seanmd »

Cool concept. It seems that the enemies can't hear you if you're behind them. I had assumed that the circle around them was their hearing radius. Also, due to the set patterns of the enemies it felt less like I was being pursued so much as avoiding instant death blocks.

Perhaps rather than triggering a lose condition on being heard you could make the enemies chase the player until they collide. Looking forward to seeing more.
Jimanzium
Party member

Post by Jimanzium »

The circles are the enemies sound range, if it overlaps the player you can hear them, if your circle overlaps them they can hear you. Amongst the other things I forgot to explain.
Jimanzium
Party member

Post by Jimanzium »

AI has been changed to chase and attack the player, I originally wanted to do this when I first thought of the idea but didn't know quite how to do it.
Walz.
Prole

Post by Walz. »

You should take a look at this to take screenshot : https://www.love2d.org/wiki/love.graphics.newScreenshot
Jimanzium
Party member

Post by Jimanzium »

No, I can take a screenshot but how would I add one to the forum page so that people can see it
Walz.
Prole

Post by Walz. »

You need a image hosting website like : imageshack.us
mickeyjm
Party member

Post by mickeyjm »

No you don't, you can upload it as an attachment then click place inline
Your screen is very zoomed in...