Plazma Being

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
felix24
Party member

Re: Plazma Being (Beta)

Post by felix24 »

Hey all. I've uploaded a new version of the beta if anyone is interested in trying the full game. If so, then give me a shout and I'll send on the link to you.

Cheers ;) .
eledot
Prole

Post by eledot »

Where is it? Want to try...
felix24
Party member

Post by felix24 »

eledot wrote:Where is it? Want to try...
sent you a pm ;)
felix24
Party member

Post by felix24 »

hey all. i have a new version of the beta ready now. i'm looking for some people to play it and let me know if any bugs are encountered. it's still hidden away on medifire and still windows only, so if you are interested in playing the game send me a pm and i'll give you the download link ;) .

Thanks!
Be well,
Felix.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

This is a LÖVE game, right?

Why is it Windows only? And why hide it away? If you're looking for people to play it...
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Robin wrote:This is a LÖVE game, right?

Why is it Windows only? And why hide it away? If you're looking for people to play it...
That's what I want to know. There's no reason it should be Windows only if it's Löve.
felix24
Party member

Post by felix24 »

hey guys, the reason it's windows only is cause i'm only gonna release it on windows for now. and that's cause i have very little exp/knowledge regarding mac/linux stuff. also i don't own/can't afford a mac. so if there's any issues i can't fix them...

and the reason i have the file on mediafire is cause i want some control over who downloads it. i don't want loads of people downloading the full game right before release.

;)
Dattorz
Citizen

Post by Dattorz »

And your excuse for not offering a Linux version is...? Go download VirtualBox and an Ubuntu ISO, and start experimenting. There is pretty much no monetary excuse for not providing a Linux version since you can do this for free. Plus, you could always just give us the .love file, which is, by nature, cross-platform.

Also, I would think putting your download on Mediafire would give you less control versus simply putting it on your own website or whatever.
Saegor
Party member

Post by Saegor »

if its a download size problem, Puppy Precise have a size of 165.2M and you can burn it on an USB key with unetbootin or launch it in virtualbox. his package manager is compatible with ubuntu ones, so latest .deb package will work fine

if the problem is just that you don't want to supply your source, say it clearly, the problem will just be that only windows users will try your game
Current work : Isömap
felix24
Party member

Post by felix24 »

Hey guys,
Saegor wrote: if the problem is just that you don't want to supply your source, say it clearly
well as far as i'm aware you can't really hide your source with love anyway, so i'm not worried about someone seeing my code.
Saegor wrote:the problem will just be that only windows users will try your game
that's what i want at the moment ;). i don't want people coming back with bugs that may be purely mac or linux related. right now i just want to get the game finished and released on a platform that i am familiar with. after that i can look into getting it out on other platforms.
Dattorz wrote:There is pretty much no monetary excuse for not providing a Linux version since you can do this for free.
the problem isn't money in this case, it's my lack of exp/knowledge. i don't want to release a game (that people have to pay for) on a platform where i will most likely be confused by bug reports if they come up. wouldn't be fair in my opinion.

thanks for the tips and download links though guys ^^