Militia Defense (2009-07-17)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
osgeld
Party member

Re: Militia Defense (Beta)

Post by osgeld »

ah HA !

altho i cant really blame this on a video card, its more like the 16:10 or whatever aspect of the lcd

ps my super juiced 7600GT owns your x1400, if you want to dislodge the nearly 3lbs of copper, a 100+ watts, i have on it

yea thats right 597mhz @ 48c core
525mhz ramdac + ddr @ room temp
air cooled, and nearly silent ...
1280x1024 5:4 (or 4:3 if your a dick) Mitsubishi lcd

OBEY

(now if the rest of my system was worth a crap... single core athalon 64 2ghz 2gb pc3200 ram agp, its good for 2007, but dammit, after hacking for nearly 3 months i can run GTA 4 @ 20 fps lol)
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

I created a version with added code to use different images for different unit levels, a readme.txt and a unified license info text file. It would be a honor to have the changes included in the original.

The images I created aren't very good at showing the differences between levels unfortunately.

EDIT: I finally created a Libregamewiki article on Militia Defense!
Attachments
pre.png
pre.png (317.52 KiB) Viewed 6071 times
mdq.love
(225.54 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Voker57
Prole

Post by Voker57 »

Blood and blast textures are all the same, that's not nice at all. Here's simple trick i used to work around that: rotate texture at random degree before blitting ;)
Tabasco
Citizen

Post by Tabasco »

Voker57 wrote:Blood and blast textures are all the same, that's not nice at all. Here's simple trick i used to work around that: rotate texture at random degree before blitting ;)
That's a good idea, I'll get that in there as soon as I have time to work on it again. I still need to take a look at qubodup's changes and get that integrated as well, I've just been extremely busy lately.
Thanks guys!
Tabasco
Citizen

Post by Tabasco »

qubodup wrote:I created a version with added code to use different images for different unit levels, a readme.txt and a unified license info text file. It would be a honor to have the changes included in the original.
That's fine with me. The attached file has the randomly rotated gore and is based off of your updated version. I didn't see any attribution for your graphics so for now I'll just upload this here. Let me know what you'd like in the license file and I'll update the main release.
Attachments
md.love
2009-3-8
(224.78 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Voker57
Prole

Post by Voker57 »

The most of game is pixel-art, so current debris and gore kinda fall out of picture. Particles, on the other hand, look much better when they are transparent. I tried to make better textures:

Though i think sizes need to be decreased. What do you think?
Voker57
Prole

Post by Voker57 »

Here's adjusted version of my textures and fix for disabling sound (didn't work for me)

Archive.zip
Gore Pack
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
gamedata.lua
Sound disabling
(18.03 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Tabasco wrote:I didn't see any attribution for your graphics so for now I'll just upload this here.
You can attribute 'qubodup' or 'Iwan Gabovitch' but there's no need for any 'copyright by', as I release my contributions to this project to the public domain (anything goes). :)
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Tabasco
Citizen

Re: Militia Defense (2009-03-12)

Post by Tabasco »

The main download should be up to date now.
I can't believe I forgot to check my sound toggle, but that's fixed as well. Thanks for pointing that out.
I'm not feeling the new gore graphics, but the 'bleed' particles could probably be improved.
whitebear
Citizen

Re: Militia Defense (2009-03-12)

Post by whitebear »

Way too easy. Most of my units never fired. And I had filled map with units at about 7th round.