Love for zombies

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Larsii30
Party member

Re: Love for zombies

Post by Larsii30 »

Version 1.11 is really funny. :)

Some more suggestions :

+ The Kill sound is a bit to late, this could be fixed if you cut the file a bit I think :)
+ The Menu sometimes seems to be buggy, if i click exit i get into the highscore menu, may the mouse position detection isn't perfect.
+ Whould be cool if the player acceleration could be more smoothy . i.e if the player stand still and the user press a key, the player accelerate from 0% - 100% speed smoothly. Hope you understand what I mean :) the same when the user stop pressing a key , it's going from 100% - 0 % speed smoothly, but don't make the times between 0 and 100 to long!
+ for my opinion there could be a bit more blood when you hit the zombies :)

Greets
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

Update!

Fixed the menu selection with mouse. I used to put menu options coordinates more-or-less by try and error. Now I just copied them from the draw menu function (silly me :death: ).

Fixed the highscore file. It saved ALL scores and then only read the top five. Now it only saves the top five. Still in plain text.

Added player shoot animation, and detached from player walking animation for next weapon kinds.

Added the Settings menu. Right now it only allows one option, to change the player health bar from behind the bullets to above the player and viceversa. But it's a start ;)
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Same slowndowns with sound turning off and never returning. You could use options to turn off sound and/or music/sfx. That way I could easily test if the slowdown are really sound originated. Bad sound sample? Until it turned unplayable from what I saw new changes were good.
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

coffee wrote:Same slowndowns with sound turning off and never returning. You could use options to turn off sound and/or music/sfx. That way I could easily test if the slowdown are really sound originated. Bad sound sample? Until it turned unplayable from what I saw new changes were good.
Should have thought of it! Noted!
Larsii30
Party member

Post by Larsii30 »

slowdowns ?
On my computer isn't any slowdown at all. ;)
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

Update!

I have started using the TEsound library. I modified it to allow functions "enable_sound" and "disable_sound". This library is great BTW, I'm not taking full advantage of it but it has great features.

Added slowing mud effect. I have integrated it into the tiles system as suggested, much more simple and easy that I thought at first view. Remember that mud may have any shape but tiles are squares, so try not to get even near those mud markings.

Please coffee confirm me if the problem is gone :nyu: Thanks :nyu:

EDIT: using the mouse on the settings menu is not working properly, please use the arrows, enter to change and escape to return to main menu. I have to re-structure the input with "love.mousepressed" instead of "love.mouse.isDown", and probably the same on the keyboard.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

The way I normally enable or disable sound in TEsound is to set the volume of the "all" tag to 1 or 0. Don't know if you need to disable everything entirely or not, hence the functions, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Ellohir wrote: Please coffee confirm me if the problem is gone :nyu: Thanks :nyu:
I'd love to do it but your uploaded v1.13 package have errors. module "shot" not found. a lot of no "/usr/local/.../..." files. By the names seems all "shot" dependencies. :/
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

coffee wrote:
Ellohir wrote: Please coffee confirm me if the problem is gone :nyu: Thanks :nyu:
I'd love to do it but your uploaded v1.13 package have errors. module "shot" not found. a lot of no "/usr/local/.../..." files. By the names seems all "shot" dependencies. :/
It just means the file shot.lua is missing. Lua then proceeds to look for it in other directories, but of course no shot.lua files are there either. (IMO, LÖVE should not look in /usr/local/ etc, but that's neither here nor there.)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

Sorry, I should have checked. Seems like I missed a file while zipping, sorry. Re-uploaded.
Taehl wrote:The way I normally enable or disable sound in TEsound is to set the volume of the "all" tag to 1 or 0. Don't know if you need to disable everything entirely or not, hence the functions, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
That would be fine, but as there seemed to be a problem with audio loops the performance drop would still be there. So I wanted to be sure that all the audio system was shutdown. Anyway I hope this time audio works correctly on Mac ;)