Idiot: Puzzles

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Qcode
Party member

Idiot: Puzzles

Post by Qcode »

So this project of mine has been finished for a while, though I've only decided to release it here now.
A puzzle game created by the minds of Qcode, TheSeek, Mr.Q.Marx?, and Idiot9.0

Our hero Idiot is captured and trapped in a dungeon, forced to create art against his will.
He must escape from the dungeon at all costs to escape this fate. Will you help him?

Features:
-25 levels of pure puzzling puzzles to puzzle through
-Levers, crates, buttons, and teleporters. Oh my!
-Thrills, chills, and spills!
-Epic boss fight! (epicness may vary by user)

Screenshots:

Controls:
Arrow keys: Move
Up arrow key: Jump
Space key: Pick up crates and activate levers

Download!
Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?vqdppgej2qwhiw6
Mac: http://www.mediafire.com/?zrsbv23sbpqqbp3
Source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/804 ... zzles.love
(Would have used the in-line attachment, but I got "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.")

Some notes:
1)This is no longer in development, this was mostly a proof of concept to prove a generic puzzle game can be made in a short period of time (a month and a half in our case).
2)This is a PARODY game. It's intended to be the most generic puzzle platformer possible.
3)All the lovely people I collaborated with can be found over at the Stabyourself forums
4)Have fun :)
Last edited by Qcode on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdaro
Party member

Re: Idiot: Puzzles

Post by Kingdaro »

This is pretty good! Great job with the artwork/animations!

Only thing I can really complain about is the extremely sluggish controls. Other than that, it's a pretty good game.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

...and all I got was this spinning pig.
Qcode
Party member

Post by Qcode »

Kingdaro wrote:This is pretty good! Great job with the artwork/animations!
Thanks for the feedback!
Kingdaro wrote:Only thing I can really complain about is the extremely sluggish controls. Other than that, it's a pretty good game.
Yeah the friction did react differently depending on the framerate, a problem I never managed to fix.
T-Bone wrote:...and all I got was this spinning pig.
That's weird. I've edited the main post with a dropbox link rather than Mediafire, maybe that will work for you?
Dissident
Prole

Post by Dissident »

I think he's referring to the eponymous "Rubber Piggy" that you see when you run Love without a file.
hatninja
Prole

Post by hatninja »

idiot: puzzles? here?
awesome
Qcode
Party member

Post by Qcode »

Dissident wrote:I think he's referring to the eponymous "Rubber Piggy" that you see when you run Love without a file.
I realized that, but I wasn't sure what was causing it. The mediafire link worked fine on my computer, so I tried changing it to dropbox to see if it was something with the mediafire downloading.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

This is actually pretty cool, some minor nitpicks though, I don't like how focus returning to the window unpauses the game, and the character feels a bit.. sluggish, as if you're weighing a couple hundred pounds. I was also slightly saddened by the fact that one of the gems I could no longer get after I messed up the jump once.
Nevertheless, great work.
Qcode
Party member

Post by Qcode »

bartbes wrote:This is actually pretty cool, some minor nitpicks though, I don't like how focus returning to the window unpauses the game, and the character feels a bit.. sluggish, as if you're weighing a couple hundred pounds.
Yeah playing it again I can see what you mean. Acceleration too slow, friction too high that kind of stuff. I'll make sure to try refine more in my next project.
bartbes wrote:I was also slightly saddened by the fact that one of the gems I could no longer get after I messed up the jump once.

If you beat the entire game (not expecting you to of course) you unlock a level select in which you can go back and play levels to gain all gems. Was a bit of a level design flaw though.
bartbes wrote:Nevertheless, great work.
Thanks! That really means a lot.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

/me puts on fedora and walks away backwards

But seriously, I accidentally pushed a block up a vertical wall (about 10 blocks high).

Very nice!
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push