Thunder Balls

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
mahalis
Prole

Thunder Balls

Post by mahalis »

Hi all. Thought I'd share this weekend's project, by me and two other students: "Thunder Balls". It's a 2D physics-based puzzle platformer where you control a pair of balls held together with an elastic force and use momentum to get from one point in a level to another. A screenshot is below; for more information and a download link, visit the Global Game Jam page here.
Attachments
thunderballs-shot.png
thunderballs-shot.png (73.83 KiB) Viewed 7736 times
zevv
Prole

Re: Thunder Balls

Post by zevv »

Love it!

It's a great and original concept, fun to play on your own, or with two players trying to get the timing right.

Two small issues though: The game tends to slow down to about 50% of it's original speed in level 2, probably because a lot of lightning-drawing is going on. I'm running on a 2.2 Ghz machine, which is usually enough for most games. The other thing is that sometimes I seem to get stuck, for example in level 3 when one ball is on top of the horizontal bar and the other one below; i'm not able to move anymore using the controls, only a restart solves this.

I'll play some more levels tonight after work, I'm sure!

Keep up the good work!
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Really cool. :neko:
zevv wrote:i'm not able to move anymore using the controls
Direct your jumps with A, D, J, L.
aronallen
Prole

Post by aronallen »

I was at the GGJ in Copenhagen 33% of the games were base on the same concept (2 balls and a chain), even my teams, though we didn't participate in the pitching, it was quite interesting! and a cool event all together...

LÖVE! :)