Turtle: Puzzles

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
davisdude
Party member

Re: Turtle: Puzzles

Post by davisdude »

On the third level I die three automatically one time. I'll check this, not sure if it's just you or what
I just start the level and I die once then start at the spawn point.
On level 6 I was stuck in the ground and died after a little while. Please, elaborate what you did
I started the level and was stuck in the ground. After I tried to move I died
The menu music doesn't restart when it's done. How so? Again, elaborate
If you are at the menu screen for long enough for the song to play once, it does not repeat.
The hat is drawn over the box. In my opinion, it would look more natural if the hat were behind the box. Why? The hat's covering the turtle's face
Not all the hats cover the turtle's face, no? I just think it would look more normal for the character to hold the box in front of his head instead of behind it. I can understand your side to it, too, though.
You should be able to see why you got the achievement in my opinion. Explain in further details?
You know how on the achievements you haven't gotten yet it shows how to get those? I think you should leave it. Again, just and opinion, but I think it looks nicer.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

davisdude wrote:
On the third level I die three automatically one time. I'll check this, not sure if it's just you or what
I just start the level and I die once then start at the spawn point.
On level 6 I was stuck in the ground and died after a little while. Please, elaborate what you did
I started the level and was stuck in the ground. After I tried to move I died
The menu music doesn't restart when it's done. How so? Again, elaborate
If you are at the menu screen for long enough for the song to play once, it does not repeat.
The hat is drawn over the box. In my opinion, it would look more natural if the hat were behind the box. Why? The hat's covering the turtle's face
Not all the hats cover the turtle's face, no? I just think it would look more normal for the character to hold the box in front of his head instead of behind it. I can understand your side to it, too, though.
You should be able to see why you got the achievement in my opinion. Explain in further details?
You know how on the achievements you haven't gotten yet it shows how to get those? I think you should leave it. Again, just and opinion, but I think it looks nicer.
Okay, I'll see what I can do about your bug issues. Furthermore, I will blow all your minds (warning: may cause dizziness.. I guess.. maybe.)
cQAmM9U.png
cQAmM9U.png (9.66 KiB) Viewed 312 times
That's not even close to photoshopped or anything. I coded the rotational calculations needed for everything (as of right now, only entities are affected, but tiles might be too)
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

This game is amazing! Holy crap, nice job!
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

baconhawka7x wrote:This game is amazing! Holy crap, nice job!
Thanks! :awesome:

I'm glad you all enjoy it (although there are a few bugs :ehem: )

I just got the entity rotation for maps done, but it's only limited the following entities which and it's not specifically flagged for those just yet (levers, doors, lasers, buttons, springs, spikes, lasergrills, and spikelaunchers). Also, lasers have a rightclick value of color options (black, white, red, blue, and green, and maybe orange).

@davisdude: I fixed the spawn glitches, turns out I forgot to set the spawn position to the spawn's goddamn X and Y, and I put a nil value somehow.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Well that's good to know. Don't you just hate it when you have some stupid mistake like that? :P
Also, orange should totally be a laser color. :awesome:
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

davisdude wrote:Well that's good to know. Don't you just hate it when you have some stupid mistake like that? :P
Also, orange should totally be a laser color. :awesome:
Alright, I've been working on making an entity rotation tool for the editor, which works beautifully. Because of that, it makes it easier to set rightclick values to entities other than directions. The game automatically calculates the offset X and Y values, so it's less stress on me :P

Also, lasers:
qfxNr60.png
qfxNr60.png (49.53 KiB) Viewed 315 times
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Yay! orange lasers! :awesome:
If you want I can try to come up with some additional items for the store and etc.
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

davisdude wrote:Yay! orange lasers! :awesome:
If you want I can try to come up with some additional items for the store and etc.
Sure thing, either shoot me a PM or post it here, i don't care. I just got into my college dorm today, and dropbox is syncing, so i might not be able to code until tomorrow.. But still, I will work on the game when I have time (thursdays and weekends)
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

http://i.imgur.com/vU5f0zU.png
All the problems are still occurring, btw.
TurtleP
Party member

Post by TurtleP »

davisdude wrote:http://i.imgur.com/vU5f0zU.png
All the problems are still occurring, btw.
By only saying 'all problems are still occurring btw' doesn't exactly help me. I need:

Game version
What problems they are

The game is going to be more stable soon, once i get v1.1 out, which again is NOT out just yet.