Metanet Hunter: REMIX (75% Off!)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
NightKawata
Party member

Re: Metanet Hunter: REMIX

Post by NightKawata »

sharpobject wrote:Are the armors obtainable in-game? I think I played all the routes (mystery level, 2 exits from stage 3, 2 exits from stage 4) but I didn't find any armors. I got stage 4 into a weird state where the top exit had disappeared, but only after doing the boss and using stage select to get back to stage 4.
Currently, no.
Get all 4 of either the Ninja or Soap drives. Then you're good to go.
You need all four pieces of an armor set to use it (think MMX5/6), and then you'll be able to choose an armor set at the start of the level. I have no clue how you managed to make level 4's exit disappear seeing as how I performed those exact same steps and the exit in the top/bottom section still exist... If it is a bug it's probably related to debugging, but (I repeat) I'm not sure how you did that.
It's been fixed. Rejoice.

You'll get armor pieces from Red Zones, by the way. Those just haven't been added in yet. (The first mystery zone is going to be replaced by a Red Zone, and then I have to hide some more)
The first four worlds have bonus stages, and they have everything you're looking for in a challenge.
Last edited by NightKawata on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

-we already have an artist and he's sugoi desu-
Last edited by NightKawata on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

The game looks really cool, keep it up.
Have you thought about adding smooth scrolling to the camera ? That'd be really cool, your camera is constantly "on" the player, you could change it so that it "follows" him where he goes.
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

-nothing to see here-
Last edited by NightKawata on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

hey who here likes screenshots

Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

Looking great! Very colourful and pretty, keep up the good work!
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
riidom
Citizen

Re: Metanet Hunter: REMIX (NOW IN BETA! WOO!)

Post by riidom »

Yes, looks really good. Themes differ a lot, makes it interesting.
One critique, though:
On the 2ndlast image (the black/grey subterran one) the background tile is too busy.
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

riidom wrote:Yes, looks really good. Themes differ a lot, makes it interesting.
One critique, though:
On the 2ndlast image (the black/grey subterran one) the background tile is too busy.
We've got that taken care of. Thanks for the feedback! It helps us out a lot. :cool:
Rockford
Prole

Post by Rockford »

I think you guys are doing something really great here. It has a retro style that feels retro.

Most retro styled games just dont get the details right to feel like a truly retro game, they still feel like they should be played on a computer or phone. Art is only one aspect to make it look/feel retro. Your level layout and the end boss area felt just like a nes game to me, and so did the artwork. The only thing that took me out of the nostalgic feelings were the particles (I am guessing they were particle effects) when the enemies died.

Anyway not sure if you were going for a legit retro feel, but its got me excited! Looking forward to its release.

Rockford
Vaulor
Prole

Post by Vaulor »

The change from previous version from what I've seen on the youtube videos is AWESOME!! :awesome: I'd liked to play it, looks quite entertaining and fun, and that soap armor seems very powerful!! :rofl: