[LD29] Mayoran

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
zorfmorf
Prole

[LD29] Mayoran

Post by zorfmorf »

LD29 was my first full ludum dare participation and I had a real blast. In addition I'm very happy with the way the game turned out. Sure, graphics and sound obviously could be improved but I gave it my best shot. Best thing was that I planned the whole game on paper after the theme was announced and I implemented every last thing on the list, including a story of sorts and an ending cinematic.

What is it about? It's a dwarf fortress inspired building sim where you try to satisfy the greed of the village mayor by ordering your workers around. But greed seldom comes without a price...

Here you can find the ludum dare page and here is a direct link to the .love file: http://aborium.com/public/release/Mayoran.love (A full playthrough will take 5-10 minutes.)

I'm currently planning a post-ld version with a lot more layers, buildings and graphic+audio created by someone who knows what he is doing.
jag_e_nummer_ett
Citizen

Re: [LD29] Mayoran

Post by jag_e_nummer_ett »

How the fuck do you like a post
man this is very well done, I love it.
Did you make this in 48h?
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

I really enjoyed this game as well. Just wanted to mention that :)
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
zorfmorf
Prole

Post by zorfmorf »

Thank you both! Yes I did it in 48h, though I did not get much sleep. I livestreamed it on twitch and am currently in the process of creating a timelapse.

It's actually the first time ever that I managed tto create something playable in 5+ years of developing games. Thank you ludum dare :)