[LD29] Underwater Mech Fighter

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
bartbes
Sex machine

[LD29] Underwater Mech Fighter

Post by bartbes »

So Lafolie, me and a mutual friend of ours, known only by the mysterious guise of "Joe" participated in the jam this weekend, and we produced something that has never been named, except by its description "Underwater Mech Fighter".

Seeing as the title pretty much covers the entire introduction, I'll just leave you with some screenshots:

And finally the link: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... w&uid=3907
TomcisUMB
Prole

Re: [LD29] Underwater Mech Fighter

Post by TomcisUMB »

Nice game :P i always wondered why all games are old style?
zwzsg
Prole

Post by zwzsg »

Because it requires many order of magnitude less work to go retro-style than to go next-gen style!
Tanner
Party member

Post by Tanner »

Are the bubbles done with a particle system?
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Looks neat, but none of the mechs show up for me! I unzipped the .love, and all of the pictures work there, but not when playing the game (Windows 8 Laptop, Default Graphics card).
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

@bartbes/@lafolie - mind opening up the access on the bitbucket repo? This seems like a fun game to port to the OUYA w/ controllers, etc.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Tanner wrote:Are the bubbles done with a particle system?
No, they actually aren't.
davisdude wrote:Looks neat, but none of the mechs show up for me!
Might be the shaders. Does your system support shaders? If it does, maybe there was an error in our shaders we never found...
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

I think it does... I'm not sure, though. I've never encountered an error before, but I've also never used shaders. It might be the image format, though. My computer couldn't read them until I set them to open with Gimp...
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

davisdude wrote:I think it does... I'm not sure, though. I've never encountered an error before, but I've also never used shaders. It might be the image format, though. My computer couldn't read them until I set them to open with Gimp...
That's odd, all the images are just png files. I just realised that I actually left the PSD files in there, but the assets used by the game are all pngs.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Ah... well that is strange... All the shaders I tested recently from the share a shader thread work...