[DEMO] Parallel worlds

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
chezrom
Citizen

[DEMO] Parallel worlds

Post by chezrom »

Hello to all !

Here is a demo of several things I want to test :
  • noise generation to generate planets & cloud
  • basic sprite animation
  • shader for shading
  • collision library "HardOnCollisionner"
  • attempt to do a small GUI
Basically the demo shows some generated earth bouncing each other. You can drag and drop planet (left mouse button), and do some settings about shader and light (display the menu using right button)

Here a screen shot :
pworld.jpg
pworld.jpg (47.18 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
Some precisions :

Planet's Image & Shader
The shader do only shading. The image is a collections of frames of the planet in orthogonal projection, with different angle.
The shader use the Blinn-Phong reflection model , with light source and eye at infinite.
The shader code is a little complex due that only a part of the image (the current frame) is used (so texture coord is not all the 1x1 square) and it seems that the coordinate has the same orientation as the screen (I don't understand this, perhaps due of the use of quad ?)

the GUI
I develop a little GUI with the tiny object framework of Hardon Collisionner library
It is crude, but is a good exercice and I must do some refactoring and cleaning to have a more modern look.

Planet generation
I generate all the frames of planet image, so it can take long time.
I create a cloud system, not very realistic but the planet seems more "real"

Evolutions
The GUI must be cleaned and reworked. Keyboard must be managed. Perhaps using a canvas to draw the GUI ?
Using a more complex shader code that do the projection, the rotation and (of course) theshading. The image is then only a square, the projection of the planet surface.

Here is the love file, Enjoy !
Attachments
pworld.love
Parallel worlds, version 1.0
(37.75 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
rod_sn
Prole

Re: [DEMO] Parallel worlds

Post by rod_sn »

I really like it. Nice GUI and the collisions are great. The shaders are good but it needs something else, i don't know what... But nice job.
"You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after."
-Thorin Oakenshield, J.R.R. Tolkien