Paradrop

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Offisir
Prole

Paradrop

Post by Offisir »

Paradrop

Paradrop is a simple 2D physics game. It has simple, continuous gameplay - try to land as many paratroopers as you can into the dropzone. However, a flak cannon shoots exploding shells at you while wind (that keeps changing) pushes you around. Each time you land a paratrooper successfully, another one jumps out of the plane.

It's my first game ever, and it has just been released for Android using Martin Felis' wonderful port. I spent about 3 months developing it.

How to play

Hold down the left side of the screen to go left, and hold down the right side to go right.

Screenshots

Available on Google Play!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r.paradrop
davisdude
Party member

Re: Paradrop

Post by davisdude »

Looks neat! I don't have an android device, but I would love to try a computer version of the game! I like the graphics, too. :)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Offisir
Prole

Post by Offisir »

davisdude wrote:Looks neat! I don't have an android device, but I would love to try a computer version of the game! I like the graphics, too. :)
Thanks! I'm actually pretty fond of the art. The PC version fell behind when I realized that the game fit mobile much more, but I might finish it up and release it eventually.
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

good job, it's fun to play.
It might be better if you make it a bit easier and increase the difficulty over time. Also you could add some more gameplay elements like "powerups", different hostile weapons ( tank, soldiers, homing missiles, etc.), sounds, music and other stuff. Atm it lacks some motivation to play it longer then 1 minute :)

And just a small suggestion, could you bind the "back" button to love.event.quit()? I don't like to use the "home" button for that because the game then still sleeps in the background (I think).
Offisir
Prole

Post by Offisir »

MadByte wrote:good job, it's fun to play.
It might be better if you make it a bit easier and increase the difficulty over time. Also you could add some more gameplay elements like "powerups", different hostile weapons ( tank, soldiers, homing missiles, etc.), sounds, music and other stuff. Atm it lacks some motivation to play it longer then 1 minute :)

And just a small suggestion, could you bind the "back" button to love.event.quit()? I don't like to use the "home" button for that because the game then still sleeps in the background (I think).
Thanks! This is my first game, so the scope is pretty small. Maybe in the future I'll add more features