[WIP] A Lolo-like

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
nUMBRA
Prole

[WIP] A Lolo-like

Post by nUMBRA »

Howdy, y'all. I'm back, with another pseudo-test project that I intend to see through.

Again, the same warning I stick on all of my projects; the code in this game is very ugly. If you want to take a peek under the hood, go for it, but you done been warned! :joker:

Any-who, this project began as an attempt to emulate the style of a certain classic NES game, and then evolved into that with some other random stuff sprinkled in; like 'build-a-character'. ( :cool: Why not?)

The point of the game (well, it's only two "stages", at least) is to gather all the books while avoiding any baddies (who, at the moment, aren't exactly in the way, just there for testing purposes :o: ). Once all the books are collected, the enemies will awake, and begin to move! By grabbing the crystal in the chest, you can go through the door, and on to the next stage!

Some of the books give you the ability to shoot enemies which will allow you to freeze them so you can move them out of the way, or - if shot enough times - destroy them.

Controls:
Mouse - to select menu options
Arrow keys - move pc
Z - shoot
R - reset stage
F5 - return to main menu
1 - changes pc's base
2 - changes pc's clothes
3 - changes pc's hair
4 - changes pc's gender

The only real stage of the two...
Shooting an enemy
Moving an enemy

Note: Stage 2 crashes at the end because there is no door...
Attachments
wip-TMA.love
The ugly demo...
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 182 times
From Lua with Löve :
№1 Knows
RPG Project [WIP]
rmcode
Party member

Re: [WIP] A Lolo-like

Post by rmcode »

19 downloads and no comments ... gotta change that.

I think it already looks pretty good (the main menu is awesome), although I didn't really get the gameplay or rather where the challenge is (or are the first two levels just really easy?).

I also read that some systems have troubles with constantly updating the window's title bar, so displaying the fps there might be a bad practise.

Besides the crash you mentioned in the OP I didn't encounter any bugs.
tv_user
Citizen

Re: [WIP] A Lolo-like

Post by tv_user »

I tried it, looks neat and solid. Some things I noticed: when I quit a level (by pressing F5) the menu buttons don't work anymore and I can only mode the character in the main menu. I also don't see any animation she I press Z (perhaps its not done yet). Otherwise, looks ok! Congrats!
Did my comment help/offended you? Use the Karma button!!
LÖVEing each day...