Warlock's Tower (RELEASED!)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
yhsper
Prole

Warlock's Tower (RELEASED!)

Post by yhsper »

Hi, guys!

Warlock's Tower is a movement puzzle game made with Löve. The player controls a mailman called Tim tasked with the mission of reaching the top floor of a tower and deliver a peace offering to an Evil Wizard. But the rooms of this tower are cursed, stealing away one's life with every step. The only way to reach the end of these rooms alive is to collect magic gems (left behind by the Warlock himself) which restore the mailman's life, allowing him to move without getting killed.

The game just got greenlit (yay :awesome:), so if you wanna check its Greenlight page, take a look at it here.

Ygor
Midipixel
Last edited by yhsper on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
davisdude
Party member

Re: Warlock's Tower - A Movement Puzzle

Post by davisdude »

Great game! Good music and graphics- it feels like I'm playing it on my Game Boy!
Two notes:
- I would like to see a way to restart in level.
- There was this error (I think on floor 3).
As you can see, you can walk and push blocks through that column. It makes solving the puzzle a lot easier, though. :)

Puzzles are very challenging later on! This has a lot of potential to become a good game. Looking forward to it.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

It looks great. keep it up!
yhsper
Prole

Post by yhsper »

Roland, thanks for your compliment! To receive good feedback so early on is really rewarding.

Davisdude, thanks for your reply as well! We will certainly implement something like a level restart soon, as it is also driving us nuts. And thank you for the collision bug report on that stage, this will be fixed as soon as possible. We're also happy that you managed to reach Floor 3, and even happier that you found some later levels challenging. As designers and developers, we end up loosing touch with what is easy and what is hard.
artofwork
Citizen

Post by artofwork »

It looks nice in the pictures but I can't run love files that use canvas on my machine :(
yhsper
Prole

Post by yhsper »

Artofwork, our game truly has no need for canvas technology at this point: so we removed it. I guess you should be able to play now. The link is still the same. We also uploaded a .love version of the game (here), as it seems to be OS agnostic and understandably the favored version on these forums.

In these two versions above, we corrected the collision bug reported by Davisdude and also implemented the retry functionality. Just press the escape key and choose "Retry" to start over the stage you're playing.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Great! Another thing: can there be progress saving? Restarting every time is kind of irritating.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Reef
Prole

Post by Reef »

This is really a really great concept! I'm stuck on floor 3 level 6 though, I feel like I've tried everything! Great twist on the sokoban-style game.
markgo
Party member

Post by markgo »

You nailed the gameboy feel. Everything just *feels* right. Nicely done.
SuperZazu
Citizen

Post by SuperZazu »

Really good. Like others said, you nailed the gameboy look/feel. And the concept is great! :-)