Warlock's Tower (RELEASED!)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Warlock's Tower - A Movement Puzzle

Post by Jasoco »

Well, you don't need a shader to remove the grid. Just use linear filtering on the images and stretch them up the proper size. Like you did with the first screenshot. Have the filter be optional.

And put in a GameBoy Color mode that adds crudely colorized imagery. Or a Super GameBoy mode that makes the background one set of colors and the sprites a second set of colors.
yhsper
Prole

Post by yhsper »

Jasoco, yeah, you're totally right about the grid. The thing is our shaders do 4 things:

1) Apply the floor palette (each floor has its own color palette now) to the grey scale graphics.
2) Apply the grid
3) Add some light motion blur
4) Add some light gaussian blur

Techniques all adapted from Harlequin's shader. So, that's what I mean by "changing" them, not removing them.

Here's an updated (but low quality) video of the game! For you and everyone else interested in it (2nd floor):

yhsper
Prole

Post by yhsper »

My lovely friends, here I am, after all this time... Over a year!

Our little puzzle game has evolved a lot since my last post, it has grown and now it's almost done. We've been using Love2d since the beginning, starting at 0.8, I think. It's been a blast. I even gave a talk about using Love2d to make games to the people at LabLua, where Lua was created. Passionate (if lurking) Love2d developer over here. :awesome:

I'm posting here again because we launched a Greenlight campaign for Warlock's Tower and it would mean the world to us if you guys could vote in our game. We're a small company, with very limited resources and we need all help we can get. In our campaign page, there's a link for the demo, if you guys wanna test the latest version. If you like the game, PLEASE VOTE and spread the word around! :3

Thank you all in advance!

This is me at LabLua, with the famous Grim Fandango copy sent by the development team in hands.
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

The game looks awesome! I recommend you update the original post with a link to Steam Greenlight and all that. Hope to see you guys on Steam soon!
yhsper
Prole

Post by yhsper »

Oh, thank you for the compliment! :)

Do you mean update the first post in this topic? That would mean a full overhaul, since that post is from two years ago :rofl:

I'll do it!
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

You know, if the steam client wouldn't freeze on your game's page, i'd definitely vote for it, but alas, technical difficulties make it hard :v
Edit: voted on the web though :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
yhsper
Prole

Post by yhsper »

Hey, zorg, thanks! :awesome:

I wonder if other people are experience this freezing when going over to the game's page through the client... :huh:
yhsper
Prole

Re: Warlock's Tower (we've been Greenlit!!)

Post by yhsper »

Folks, we've been greenlit! Yay! Thank you so much for your voting and support. Now we'll have another Love2d game on Steam. ^^

Do any of you know how much of those are there? We'd love to talk to devs who already did the Steamworks SDK stuff. How hard it is to integrate it with a Love2d game?

:awesome:

micha
Inner party member

Re: Warlock's Tower (we've been Greenlit!!)

Post by micha »

That's good news. Congratulations!
yhsper wrote:Do any of you know how much of those are there? We'd love to talk to devs who already did the Steamworks SDK stuff. How hard it is to integrate it with a Love2d game?
You can talk to undef (quadrant) or xelu (Move or Die). There are probably more, sorry, if I forgot someone.
yhsper
Prole

Re: Warlock's Tower (RELEASED!)

Post by yhsper »

Hi, folks! Sorry for only mentioning this now, but...

OUR GAME IS RELEASED
And Here
Also Here

Since the game has been released we got some pretty cool reviews, I could share some with you folks but they're mostly about the game itself, they rarely ask about Löve. We're still working on some new content for the game, as we're studying some post-launch changes to it, which we could talk about here too.

Something that might truly interest you guys is that the final work we did as a Twitch Integrated mode, in which Twitch streamers can play with their audience a là Twitch Plays Pokémon. Don't know if that had been done before with Löve games!

Anyway, we're very happy for having created Warlock's Tower, and we couldn't have done it without you. Thank you. :nyu: