Vote Snowman [LD31]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ovidios
Prole

Vote Snowman [LD31]

Post by Ovidios »

Well, I submitted my game "Vote Snowman (on one screen)" for the compo and thought it would be nice to hear your opinions about it and maybe get some more people to rate it. :awesome:

In my game you play as ☃ (wich actually was a great theme in my opinion) who tries to avoid bad votes while collecting the good and simply ignoring the neutral ones. The votes wich come in packs of 10 come to the screen either on the top in the middle or at the bottom (not in the game). You can avoid them by flying, just standing there or ducking.

While the game is pretty simple there are a few thing I'd like to point out:
  • •The game DOES end! :cry: It does so when all the votes given in real life spawned in the game.
    •When the game ends and your total score is higher than the one "Whole game on one screen" had in real life you win. If not you lose.
    • I could have done way more if my weekend schedule allowed it and I spent less time watching anime and singing christmas songs. I'll do better next time. That was my first Ludum Dare!
    • I am not an english native speaker and I'm pretty young so please kindly tell me about grammatical or orthographic mistakes I made! ^^
Please play/rate my game here:
http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-3 ... &uid=40721

-Ovidios
davisdude
Party member

Re: Vote Snowman [LD31]

Post by davisdude »

I like it! I like the graphics and the music (although the positive vote one was a little high pitched).
Nice game, especially for jam/compo!
(It's a good thing snowman isn't campaigning for 2016- I here of politicians having "meltdowns" all the time. :P)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim