Logicality

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
pajh
Prole

Logicality

Post by pajh »

Logicality is a small game based on using logic gates to solve problems. The basic framework is complete with a tutorial, creation of all gates from a basic nand and a few problems thrown in.

I'm concentrating on gamifying it at the moment, there are some really really good digital circuit emulators out there, and I don't want to make one of them, what I'm concentrating more on are the gates as a challenge/puzzle. I've tried to describe the problems in terms of what the user needs to do rather than "build an AND gate" and such.

The next phase is introducing binary and a series of challenges around things like ripple adders and the like
Following that an introduction to memory, so again challenging the player to build latches and flip flops from basic gates.
if all that goes well I'd like to have a different mode where you can't cross wires and make it look like a circuit board, and allow the player build reusable components.

Anyway all feedback is accepted, but particularly feedback on
Any crashes/bugs
Any UI things that you couldn't understand (sorry everything is only in English)
Difficultly (and if you managed to complete the entire thing)

Will probably post some updates in this thread as things progress.

EDIT: Updated to fix pathnames of levels:
Also pressing Z will take you out of the current level back to the level select screen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n94jnchfo5of ... .love?dl=0
Last edited by pajh on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Re: Logicality

Post by DaedalusYoung »

This is relevant to my interests.
Tjakka5
Party member

Post by Tjakka5 »

This looks really damn cool!
Will play when I find the time
ArchAngel075
Party member

Post by ArchAngel075 »

Error on clicking green arrow on popup that displays when you click the first box.
Love 0.9.1, and Love 0.9.2 using .love file to execute

Does not error when extracted to folder and executing by drag + drop onto love.exe
Attachments
errorn.png
errorn.png (45.75 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

I had that as well, but it worked after opening the unzipped .love.

Now I'm just stuck on level 13, crashes in the same way, saying it doesn't exist.

General feedback: I like it, there's just a few things. When you test a circuit, then bring up the info menu, the red X of the results window is overlaid onto the info window.

At one point, I was deleting a bunch of gates, when the program crashed. Can't remember exactly what it said, something having to do with primitives. I'll try to see if I can encounter it again.

I'm also missing an option to quit a level, you have to complete it, no way to quit.
pajh
Prole

Post by pajh »

Thanks guys, windows notorious tolerance of case differences seem to be the cause. I also added a quick key - 'Z' to allow you return to the level select.
Now I'm just stuck on level 13, crashes in the same way, saying it doesn't exist.
This should be fixed in the newer version
General feedback: I like it, there's just a few things. When you test a circuit, then bring up the info menu, the red X of the results window is overlaid onto the info window.
Yep - I added some quick and dirty code for allowing ui button presses, but I really really don't want to write a windowing system to do it properly. My current aim is to rearrange some of the popups so it can't happen - thanks for the spot though.
I'm also missing an option to quit a level, you have to complete it, no way to quit.
going to add a menu item - in the meantime press z in the new version
Error on clicking green arrow on popup that displays when you click the first box.
Love 0.9.1, and Love 0.9.2 using .love file to execute
Yes, a case mistake in some of the level names - should be fixed in the newer version - thanks for spotting

Again thanks for giving it a quick run through - if you get to the end let me know!