GrandTheftLöve

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Borsty
Citizen

GrandTheftLöve

Post by Borsty »

Alright guys, after quite some time I'm back! And this time with a game idea ( Unlike last time with stuff like gLöve/Löve3D or lgui )

This time, I present you: Grand Theft Löve :)
The name pretty much comes from how the game looks like, it's a pseudo 3d top-down view shooter.

Right now I've got the base level-rendering done, basic entity classes including a player class with collision detection and other important stuff.

Next things will be adding regular items/pickups, decorations for the level, sounds and most important networking!
Yes you heard right.. I plan on making this game multiplayer :)

That's for now, here's a little ingame screenshot and below a link to download the current beta-release.
gtlove.jpg
gtlove.jpg (90.22 KiB) Viewed 10754 times
GrandTheftLove_Beta3.love
(231.31 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
Controls are: WASD for movement, left and right arrow keys for turning, left shift to sprint, spacebar to jump, escape key to quit.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Borsty on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: GrandTheftLöve

Post by Robin »

This is windows-only... are you planning on releasing the source?

About the game: funny. I like how jumping works. Hard to walk in a strait line, though.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

I see no love. Is it because "There is no linux/mac users on the internet!" or because the source code is secret?
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Here is the love:
game.love
(231.43 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Yes, the controls are a bit fast, but it seems like it's going to be a good game.
Borsty
Citizen

Post by Borsty »

qubodup wrote:...or because the source code is secret?
I didn't want to directly release the code to it yet yes.. thanks to Robin -.-

Anyway, how is it too fast? D:
It's based on the time difference so it's the same for everyone and I think it's perfect :C
Meh, we'll see ^^

:Edit:
Oh crap I see what I did wrong with the movement and why It's too fast for some people D:
brb fixin'
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Borsty wrote:I didn't want to directly release the code to it yet yes.. thanks to Robin -.-
Well, you did, in a way: most decent archive programs can open .zips appended to (for example) .exes, so the only thing I did was save some forum bandwidth ;)
Edit: ok, that's not right. The .exe is not on the forum server. But it still makes a difference for those of us with dial-up!
Borsty
Citizen

Post by Borsty »

Robin wrote:
Borsty wrote:I didn't want to directly release the code to it yet yes.. thanks to Robin -.-
Well, you did, in a way: most decent archive programs can open .zips appended to (for example) .exes, so the only thing I did was save some forum bandwidth ;)
Edit: ok, that's not right. The .exe is not on the forum server. But it still makes a difference for those of us with dial-up!
Sush, don't tell em ;D

Anyway, could you test if this fixed the speed issues? D:
GrandTheftLove_Beta2.love
(231.5 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Garotas*Gostosas
Prole

Post by Garotas*Gostosas »

Robin wrote:
I'm on a mac; and we don't eat .exes at all! :roll: thanks to you Robin I could play this game... thank you a lot Rob! :nyu: I really want to see this GTA progress! this demo rocks! :megagrin:
I LOVE GAME, YEAH!
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

How often will I need to say this? Maybe someone should create a sticky, anyway, here it is:
You can run the exe, just treat it like a .love, if you want, call it a .love, it will recognize it.

On topic:
Controls are better, a little question, why is turning using the arrow keys, and walking using the w key?