I present to you... Something Super! (SMH Thread)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
NightKawata
Party member

I present to you... Something Super! (SMH Thread)

Post by NightKawata »

Yes, you heard me! We at Nekuzen Team have been diligently working for the past few months on something awesome! Metanet Hunter Battle has been converted into something even better, and I think you guys are really gonna like what you see here!

Anyways... Without further ado, I present to you...

That's right! It's Super Metanet Hunter! It's the biggest project we've created thus far, and it's going to be released within a month or so! I'm also going to be more open about the game's development, so stay tuned to this game: It's only going up from here!

So... What does Super Metanet Hunter look like?

Here's a preview of Stage 1! Immediately, you should spot tons of changes ever since Metanet Hunter REMIX.

For example...
Hyper Mode! This is a new ability Kinzo has that allows him to kill enemies to fill his Hyper Bar! Filling it enough allows him to unleash Hyper Mode, destroying everything in his path!

EP! This is the game's Mana System in a sense, and allows you to perform awesome stuff! For example, Kinzo now starts with a Taiden Blade, allowing him to destroy weaker targets!

However, this isn't all I've got to show you, so let me state what's gonna be in the game:
  • 7 Main Stages, all fully fleshed out! Each stage is more satisfying than either of the previous Metanet Hunters, and now focuses more on rewarding the player and being fun! Plus, you can now explore levels even more to find hidden goodies and powerups!
  • An awesome currency system! Collect Data from enemies to use to your advantage! You can spend your Data at Dr. Kegan's Lab for improved abilities, new Armors, and much more! You'll also be able to find Blueprints in the levels, which allow Dr. Kegan to sell you even more items!
  • Challenges! These are essentially mini-missions that you can perform to unlock cool new stuff in the game! This also adds to post-game content, meaning you'll have plenty to do!
  • Special Missions! These are Special Stages, that are more fleshed out or have a bigger purpose than Challenges! One Special Mission is the Ninja's Academy, which requires you to complete a series of sections using the Retro Ninja's Armor! It also unlocks that same Armor, so you really work for it!
  • Unique Game Modes! These'll spice up the game play, and it'll make your playthroughs of Super Metanet Hunter even more super! Want to complete a Boss Rush? Do you like Time Attacks? Wanna beat the game with only 1 HP? You can do that! We'll be adding more Game Modes as the game is released and post-1.0!
  • Tons of Armors! You won't be running out of ways to play any time soon! There'll be enough Armors to suit any playstyle you'd like to take, which means you've got lots of experimentation and awesomeness to be had!
  • (Post-Release) Multiplayer! If the game's popular, we'll add in multiplayer, since we know it's possible! Want to play a special co-op campaign with some friends? You'll be able to do that! Want to beat each other up with your favorite armors? You'll be able to do that!
Did those sound exciting? I hope so! This game's going to have enough in it to be worthy of the title "Super," and I'm hoping you guys are really gonna love this one! If it's popular enough, we'll port it to mobile and the like.
It's definitely going to be sent to Greenlight and I'm going to try to get it a Humble Store release as well! Itch.io will also be available, so don't worry there! I want to get this out to as many places as possible to make it enjoyable to all players! The more places you can play it, the better! We might also give each version of the game a unique feature exclusive to that version!

Anyways, I'll leave you guys with some final GIFs, and then some information on how you can help the game:

Here's how you can help the game:
  • Spread the word! Leave a comment here!
  • Support the cause! Here's where we're located!
  • Follow the design hangouts! NightKawata (that's me) usually hosts them on his channel!
  • Tell your friends! Word-of-mouth is always awesome!
  • More importantly, show us your support! That always helps everybody!
I thank you guys, and I hope you guys'll respond! Have an awesome night!
-Nekuzen Team, NightKawata
Last edited by NightKawata on Tue May 12, 2015 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
markgo
Party member

Re: I present to you... Something Super!

Post by markgo »

Very nice. You've really come a long way since your first Metanet Hunter.
NightKawata
Party member

Re: I present to you... Something Super! (SMH Thread)

Post by NightKawata »

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Looks very nice! :D
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
BOT-Brad
Citizen

Post by BOT-Brad »

Wow, looks really impressive! Keep it up!

:awesome:
Follow me on GitHub! | Send me a friend request on PSN!
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

This is great! I enjoyed the last game and this is just simply on another level. Impressive visuals and improved gameplay. I am looking forward to playing it :D
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Progress is coming along nicely! We're working on Stage 2 and Stage 4 as we speak, so that means there's only a few stages left to add in!
June will be an awesome month for you guys, definitely.

Also...
Who could this guy be?
Who could this guy be?
coming soon.png (8.19 KiB) Viewed 5543 times
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Here's a preview of what's to come:

Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

NightKawata wrote:Here's a preview of what's to come:

Ah.. The great "Indiana Jones chased by rock" mechanic :D

Looking good!
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

I'm now offering people something I haven't done before and need to do: Testing!
If you want to test Super Metanet Hunter as it's being made, feel free to PM me, and I'll hook you up!

HOWEVER, you will need some way to communicate with my team and I. Which means you're gonna want Skype, Steam, or have access to IRC. However, Skype/Steam work the best for everybody, so if you've already got those (I'm sure you have Steam), go! But besides that, I definitely want to make sure Super Metanet Hunter is tweaked to perfection.

I will leave you with this spoiler: