『TERMINAL HUNTER』 COMING SOON

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
NightKawata
Party member

『TERMINAL HUNTER』 COMING SOON

Post by NightKawata »

『TERMINAL HUNTER』

WHAT?! Not Metanet Hunter?

That's true. The current project I currently have used to be a Metanet Hunter (the logo will say that and stuff), but nowadays, it's a far cry from what the series used to be. However, it's something I approve of more and am currently enjoying the creation of.

Anyhoo, Terminal hunter is a super-fast-paced action sidescroller about the fighting robot "Kinzo" in his quest to defeat the six Glitch Kings and destroy the Glitch Terminal. That challenge isn't quite the easy one!

Unlike the past games, the KInzo you see in this game has gone through several changes. Quite a lot, actually.

For one, look at that sexy new body.
Terminal Hunter does have a lot of love-letter to things like Mega Man, Mega Man X, and Mega Man Zero, in all honesty. However, it mixes gameplay mechanics and styles to give you something you'll truly love.

There are roughly 8 stages to the game, but here's the thing: This game is designed for absolute replayability. It's not going to take you 40 hours to do one simple run. Maybe to beat all the Challenges, unlock absolutely everything, and quite more, but who knows!

What else can Kinzo do in this game, eh?

For one, he can dash. This means he can blaze through levels at speeds you've never seen!

He also has the ability to slide down walls and walljump! This allows for some awesome parkour madness.

One other cool feature to the mix are collectable Chaos Orbs. Getting these bad boys allows Kinzo to purchase new upgrades at Dr. Kaperski's Lab and power himself up to absolutely monsterous levels.

We've even got absolutely insane anime cutscenes!!!!!!
But seriously, look at the intense drama!!!!!!

Not to mention, the boss fights are fast, intense, and awesome. You're gonna enjoy taking these guys down, or you're gonna get taken down, yourself! For instance, Chill Bill is fast, but carefully watch him and you're a shoo in for victory!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SO WHAT DO WE HAVE?!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's recap, everybody. In Terminal Hunter, you've got:
  • 8 action-packed stages for you to blast through at first.
  • Tons of Challenges available for those who want more hunting.
  • Gorgeous detail by the impeccable Ryan Cordell.
  • Brand new engine, built from the ground up for Terminal Hunter!
  • Collectable Chaos Orbs to unlock new powers and abilities!
  • Alternate Forms to increase Kinzo's diversity and provide new ways to play!
  • Much more.
Hopefully we're gonna get this game out by either the end of 2015, or somewhere early 2016. Preferably before Mighty Number 9 comes out (and we're gonna kick its ass with this one)!

HOW CAN I HELP?!

Well, easy! Spread the word.
Tell your friends. Tell your dog. Tell the world! I want people to see this and totally love it!
We're designing the best project we've ever done currently.

Make sure the Terminal Hunter hype is real.
Drop a comment so more people can see it, in any case!

If you guys have any questions or want a specific form, power, challenge, etc, leave it down below! I'm pretty open about that at the moment.

We also do need playtesters! If you think you'd enjoy it, please contact me! Send me a forum PM and we'll get to it.
I'm also available on Skype at "nightkawata," and my Steam name is NightKawata if you're into that.

I'm hoping you guys are excited for Terminal Hunter as much as I am making it!
But yeah, tell me what you think!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:

2015-11-9
Last edited by NightKawata on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:16 am, edited 11 times in total.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
Feikki
Prole

Re: Terminal Hunter - Coming to a Theatre Near You

Post by Feikki »

I think you should implement fishing.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I agree with fishing.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Looks pretty neat! Can we have some video?
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Feikki wrote:I think you should implement fishing.
Nixola wrote:I agree with fishing.
I'm gonna kill both of you. :P
davisdude wrote:Looks pretty neat! Can we have some video?
Sure! They're slightly outdated, however.

"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
VideahGams
Prole

Re: [NEW VIDEO 2015-11-9] Terminal Hunter - Coming Soon

Post by VideahGams »

Noice, very mega-manish.

fishing or riot
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Just looked at the video, great job! I am looking forward to buying it when you release :)
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Jeeper wrote:Just looked at the video, great job! I am looking forward to buying it when you release :)
Awesomeness! We'll make sure there's a lot of bang for your buck.
VideahGams wrote:fishing or riot

Anyhoo, we've got a few more shots for everybody today!

Feikki
Prole

Re: 『TERMINAL HUNTER』 COMING SOON

Post by Feikki »

Looks great, but i think it needs more outlines.

(and fishing)
NightKawata
Party member

Re: 『TERMINAL HUNTER』 COMING SOON

Post by NightKawata »

Feikki wrote:Looks great, but i think it needs more outlines.

(and fishing)