future-mari0

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
radgeRayden
Prole

future-mari0

Post by radgeRayden »

I think we all know what mari0 is about, right? If not, go check it out at http://stabyourself.net/mari0/.

future-mari0

The latest version of the original mari0 game by stabyourself was released against the 0.8.x version of löve. Last year I wanted to run it from source, so I ported the game to 0.9.2, and, unaware that anybody would want it, kept it to myself.
Yesterday however we got a question on IRC about running the game on a raspberry pi 2, and it turns out it would (apparently) need a 0.10.0 port. I figured most of the work was already done and offered to do it. The result is future-mari0.

You can get it on my github repo: https://github.com/radgeRayden/future-mari0.

It's still an incomplete port as going through their code is proving to be harder for each fix. Some features still crash the game or are supported incorrectly, and I think I might have introduced a few bugs with the second port. Regardless, feel free to test it and report any issues over Github. Help would also be appreciated.
rmcode
Party member

Re: future-mari0

Post by rmcode »

I'd be willing to help out. Do you have a todo list of what needs to be fixed?
radgeRayden
Prole

Post by radgeRayden »

I'm still in the process of avoiding crashes on some modes; my immediate goal now is to fix the crash on local multiplayer. I'll probably make an issue with a to-do list as soon as I identify more things not working. Also testing the game and reporting problems helps me plenty since a lot of things that can go wrong don't show themselves at a first look.
jeffdamann
Prole

Post by jeffdamann »

I will make a full playthrough of the game tomorrow, so that I can help you bugtest radge. Again thanks for porting this over.

People seem really interested about the prospect of love on the raspberry pi, but Im afraid many games won't work because If Im correct open gl es doesnt support shaders, but I could be wrong.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

jeffdamann wrote:Im correct open gl es doesnt support shaders, but I could be wrong.
In fact OpenGL ES 2 requires a shader to be used when rendering anything (LÖVE internally provides its own, when no shader is set).

OpenGL ES 2's shader language is slightly more limited than desktop OpenGL's though, so some shaders might need minor tweaks to run.
radgeRayden
Prole

Post by radgeRayden »

By the way if anyone can make GLSL ES version of these shaders: https://github.com/radgeRayden/future-mari0/issues/2
that would be incredibly great.